Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets
8-21 working days.
Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets (S Citadep) – Product Information
Escitalopram Oxalate in the form of S Citadep Tablets is used for acute as well as maintenance treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in adults and adolescents aged between 12 to 17 years of age. Escitalopram Oxalate is also used for acute treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
Name of Drug
Escitalopram Oxalate: We supply S Citadep. manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
Manufacturer of Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in S Citadep Tablets is Escitalopram Oxalate.
Uses of Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets (S Citadep Tablets)
Escitalopram Oxalate is used for treating depression and anxiety. S Citadep Tablets (Escitalopram Tablets) may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets – Dosage
Use Escitalopram Oxalate tablets (S Citadep) as directed by your doctor.
- S Citadep comes with an additional patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Escitalopram Oxalate refilled.
- S Citadep may be taken with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Several weeks may pass before Escitalopram Oxalate reaches full effect.
- Continue to use Escitalopram Tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Escitalopram Oxalate.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Escitalopram Oxalate is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) type of antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of a chemical in the brain called serotonin, which helps to elevate mood.
If you miss a dose of S Citadep (Escitalopram Oxalate), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Information For S Citadep Tablets
Store S Citadep( Escitalopram Oxalate tablets) at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Escitalopram Oxalate out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Escitalopram Tablets
Before using Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do NOT use S Citadep Pills ( Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets) if:
- you are allergic to Escitalopram Oxalate or any other ingredient in Szetalo
- you are taking citalopram
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine), selegiline, or St. John's wort within the last 14 days
- you are taking a fenfluramine derivative (eg, dexfenfluramine), an H1 antagonist (eg, astemizole, terfenadine), nefazodone, pimozide, or sibutramine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Escitalopram Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or non-prescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you or a family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression), other mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or substance abuse
- if you have a history of seizures, liver problems, severe kidney problems, stomach or bowel bleeding, or metabolism problems
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood sodium levels, or drink alcohol
- if you will be having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Escitalopram Tablets (S Citadep). Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fenfluramine derivatives (eg, dexfenfluramine), linezolid, lithium, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), metoclopramide, nefazodone, selegiline, serotonin 5-HT1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sibutramine, St. John's wort, or trazodone because severe side effects, such as a reaction that may include fever, rigid muscles, blood pressure changes, mental changes, confusion, irritability, agitation, delirium, and coma, may occur
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of bleeding, including stomach bleeding, may be increased
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium levels may be increased
- Tramadol because the risk of seizures may be increased H1 antagonists (eg, astemizole, terfenadine) or phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine) because severe heart problems, including irregular heartbeat, may occur
- Carbamazepine or cyproheptadine because they may decrease Escitalopram Oxalate 's effectiveness
- Clozapine, pimozide, risperidone, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Escitalopram Oxalate
Side Effects of S Citadep Tablets ( Escitalopram Oxalate Tablets)
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects of S Citadep Tablets persist or become bothersome:
- Constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; lightheadedness when you stand or sit up; loss of appetite; nausea; stomach upset; tiredness; trouble sleeping.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; decreased concentration; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory loss; menstrual period changes; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears;persistent, painful erection; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety or trouble sleeping; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; vision changes; worsening of depression.
Buy Escitalopram Tablets (S Citadep) 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg Online
You can buy S Citadep Tablets ( Escitalopram Oxalate) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Escitalopram is available in pills of 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg. S Citadep 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.47 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets whereas the 20 mg pills are priced at $0.74 per unit for an order of 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 20. August 2009.