Quetiapine Fumarate Tablets
8-21 working days.
Quetiapine Tablets (Qutan Tablets) – Product Information
Quetiapine Fumarate tablets (Qutan and Qutan SR) is used for treating schizophrenia , manic episodes associated with bipolar I disorder and depressive episodes associated with bipolar disorder. Generic Quetiapine (Qutan tablets) regular or plain version is available in tablets of 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg and 300 mg. Qutan tablets are also available as Extended Release (XR or XL) or Sustained Release (SR) version in strengths of SR 50 mg, SR 100 mg, SR 200 mg, SR 300 mg and SR 400 mg. Qutan Tablets manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited.
The terms XR and SR are equivalent, both types of tablets have the same active ingredient (Quetiapine Fumarate) and refer to the same type of product. There is no difference in effectiveness between the two preparations, but the SR version was introduced as some patients taking regular Quetiapine tablets may feel sleepy during the day. This effect is mostly seen when you take plain Generic Quetiapine tablet once a day, which may make you feel a little sleepier than Qutan SR tablet.
Name of Drug
Generic Quetiapine: We supply the following product:
- Generic Quetiapine: We supply Qutan, manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited.
Manufacturer of Qutan Tablets
Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Generic Quetiapine Tablets (Qutan tablets) is Quetiapine Fumarate
Uses of Generic Quetiapine Tablets
Generic Quetiapine (Qutan tablets) is used for treating schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Generic Quetiapine Tablets – Dosage
Use Generic Quetiapine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Qutan tablets (Quetiapine) by mouth with or without food.
- Taking Generic Quetiapine at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Take Qutan on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- It may take a few weeks for you to notice the benefits of Quetiapine. Continue to take Quetiapine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
The typical adult dosage is given below. Your dosage may vary. Please consult your doctor for exact dosing instructions. Schizophrenia
Qutan tablets (Generic Quetiapine) should generally be administered with an initial dose of 25 mg twice daily, with increases in total daily dose of 25 mg - 50 mg divided in two or three doses on the second and third day, as tolerated, to a total dose range of 300 mg to 400 mg daily by the fourth day. Acute Treatment of Manic Episodes in Bipolar I Disorder
When used as monotherapy or adjunct therapy (with lithium or divalproex), Quetiapine should be started in twice daily doses totaling 100 mg/day on Day 1, increased to 400 mg/day on Day 4 in increments of up to 100 mg/day in twice daily divided doses. Further dosage adjustments up to 800 mg/day by Day 6 should be in increments of no greater than 200 mg/day. Acute Treatment of Depressive Episodes in Bipolar Disorder
Generic Quetiapine (Quetiapine Fumarate) should be administered once daily at bedtime to reach 300 mg/day by Day 4.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Quetiapine is an antipsychotic. It works by altering the balance of certain chemicals that occur naturally in the brain, which are responsible for thinking and behavior.
If you miss a dose of Generic Quetiapine (Qutan tablets), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Generic Quetiapine Tablets (Qutan tablets)
Store Generic Quetiapine at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15°C and 30°C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Quetiapine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Generic Quetiapine Tablets
Before using Generic Quetiapine Fumarate Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Generic Quetiapine if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Quetiapine Fumarate Tablets (Qutan).
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Quetiapine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you or a family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic depression), suicidal thoughts or attempts, mental or mood problems, or diabetes
- if you drink alcohol or have a history of alcohol or substance abuse
- if you have Alzheimer disease, dementia, or trouble swallowing, or you are very overweight
- if you have a history of heart problems (eg, heart attack, heart failure, irregular heartbeat), stroke, blood vessel problems, high blood cholesterol levels, or high or low blood pressure
- if you have history of blood problems (eg, low white blood cells), liver problems, thyroid problems, cataracts, narrow-angle glaucoma, seizures, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), high blood prolactin levels, or breast cancer
- Patients with major depressive disorder (MDD), may experience worsening of their depression or unusual changes in behavior and this risk may persist until significant remission occurs.
- A potentially fatal symptom complex sometimes referred to as Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS) has been reported in association with administration of antipsychotic drugs, including Quetiapine.
- Hyperglycemia has been reported in patients treated with atypical antipsychotics such as Quetiapine. Hence patients with diabetes mellitus undergoing treatment with atypical antipsychotics should be monitored regularly for worsening of glucose control.
- Undesirable alterations in lipids have been observed with quetiapine use.
- Close supervision of high risk patients is necessary along with drug therapy as there exists the possibility of a suicide attempt in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
- Esophageal dysmotility and aspiration have been associated with antipsychotic drug use.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Qutan tablets (Quetiapine). Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Alpha-blockers (eg, doxazosin) or medicine for high blood pressure because the risk of low blood pressure and fainting may be increased
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), fluvoxamine, macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), or telithromycin because they may increase the risk of Quetiapine 's side effects
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), phenytoin, rifampin, or thioridazine because they may decrease Quetiapine 's effectiveness
- Dopamine receptor agonists (eg, pramipexole) or levodopa because their effectiveness may be decreased by Quetiapine
Side Effects of Generic Quetiapine Tablets
Consult your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Qutan tablets persist or become bothersome:
- agitation; back pain; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; indigestion; runny nose; sore throat; stomach pain; weakness; weight gain.
- Somnolence was a frequently reported adverse effect reported in patients treated with Quetiapine especially during the three to five day period of initial dose titration
- Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); altered mental abilities, including lack of response to your surroundings; high blood sugar (eg, thirst, increased urination, confusion, drowsiness, flushing, rapid breathing, or fruity breath odor); increased or irregular heartbeat; involuntary, uncontrolled muscle movements; lightheadedness when rising from a seated or lying position; muscle stiffness; sweating; tremor; unexplained fever; vision changes.
Buy Generic Quetiapine Tablets (Qutan & Qutan SR Tablets) 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg and 400 mg Online at Low Cost
You can buy Qutan and Qutan SR tablets (Quetiapine Fumarate tablets) online from the Swiss Pharmacy at a low price. Qutan (regular or plain version) is available in pills of 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg and 300 mg. Qutan SR tablets (Extended Release (XR or XL) or Sustained Release (SR) version) are available in strengths of SR 50 mg, SR 100 mg, SR 200 mg, SR 300 mg and SR 400 mg. The cost of a 25 mg tablet is only 0.36 USD when you place an order for 360 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 20. August 2009.