10-28 working days.
Imipramine Tablets – Product Information
Imipramine Tablets are used for treating depression. Imipramine HCl is available as oral tablets of 25 mg and 75 mg.
Name of Drug
Imipramine: Imipramine Tablets are more well known as Generic Tofranil®. We supply Antidep manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Sometimes Imipramine is also referred to as: Antideprin, Deprimin, Deprinol, Depsonil, Dynaprin, Eupramin, Imipramil, Irmin, Janimine, Melipramin, Surplix, Melipramine).
Manufacturer of Imipramine Tablets
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Imipramine Tablets is Imipramine Hydrochloride.
What is Imipramine HCl Used For
Imipramine HCl is used for treating depression. It is also used in some children to help reduce bedwetting. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Imipramine Tablets – Dosage
Use Imipramine Tablets as directed by your doctor.
Take Imipramine Tablets by mouth with or without food.
Taking Imipramine at bedtime may help reduce side effects (eg, daytime drowsiness). Discuss this possibility with your doctor. It may take 1 to 3 weeks before you notice the effect of Imipramine. Continue to use Imipramine Tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that help elevate mood.
If you miss a dose of Imipramine Tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you take 1 dose daily at bedtime, do not take the missed dose the next morning.
Store Imipramine HCl tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Imipramine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Imipramine Tablets
Before using Imipramine Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Imipramine Tablets if:
- you are allergic to Imipramine HCl or any inactive ingredient in Imipramine Tablets;
- you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days, or if you are taking astemizole, droperidol, or terfenadine.
- you are recovering from a recent heart attack.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Imipramine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you drink alcohol-containing beverages daily or you have a history of alcohol abuse
- if you take thyroid medicine or you have a history of overactive thyroid, glaucoma, heart problems, kidney or liver problems, diabetes, seizures, the blood disease porphyria, or difficulty urinating
- if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or behavior, bipolar disorder, or any other mental disorders; you are undergoing electroshock therapy; or you are scheduled to have any surgery.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Imipramine HCl. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, fluconazole), cimetidine, duloxetine, flecainide, methylphenidate, mibefradil, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), propafenone, quinidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or terbinafine because they may increase the risk of Imipramine's side effects
- Arsenic, astemizole, droperidol, furazolidone, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), pimozide, streptogramins (eg, dalfopristin), terfenadine, or tramadol because the risk of high blood pressure, serious heart problems (eg, irregular heartbeat), or seizures may be increased
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital) or phenytoin because they may decrease Imipramine 's effectiveness
- Anticholinergics (eg, benztropine), carbamazepine, or sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Imipramine
- Clonidine, guanethidine, or guanfacine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Imipramine
Possible Side Effects of Imipramine Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; excitement; headache; impotence; nausea; nightmares; pupil dilation; sensitivity to sunlight; sweating; tiredness; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness; weight loss or gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; changes in sex drive; chest pain; confusion; constipation; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; frequent or difficult urination; hallucinations; impulsive behavior or other unusual changes in behavior; jaw, neck, or muscle spasms; mental or mood changes (eg, increased anxiety, mood swings, agitation, irritability, nervousness, restlessness); panic attacks; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; sore throat; stomach pain; suicidal thinking or behavior; swelling of the testicles; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble walking or keeping your balance; twitching of the face or tongue; uncontrolled movements of arms and legs or stiffness; unusual bleeding or bruising; worsening of depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Cheap Imipramine Tablets 25 mg and 75 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Imipramine 25 mg and 75 mg Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Imipramine which is more well known as Generic Tofranil® is available in pills of 25 mg and 75 mg. The 25 mg pills are priced at only $0.19 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets whereas the 75 mg pills are priced at $0.39 per unit for an order of 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 25. September 2010.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: