10-28 working days.
Zeptol Tablets (Generic Carbamazepine) – Product Information
Zeptol (Carbamazepine or Generic Carbamazepine) is used for controlling certain types of epileptic seizures and treats severe pain of the jaw or cheek caused by a facial nerve problem (trigeminal neuralgia). Zeptol is indicated for use as an anticonvulsant drug.
Name of Drug
Zeptol: Sometimes Zeptol is also referred to as Tegretal.
Manufacturer of Zeptol Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Zeptol Tablets is Carbamazepine.
Zeptol is used for controlling certain types of epileptic seizures. It is also used to treat severe pain of the jaw or cheek caused by a facial nerve problem (trigeminal neuralgia). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Zeptol Tablets – Dosage
Use Zeptol as directed by your doctor. The initial dosage for adults and Children above 12 years of age is 200 mg twice a day.
- Take Zeptol by mouth with or without food.
- Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the risk of this medicine's side effects. Talk with your doctor before including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Zeptol. You may have an increase risk of side effects (e.g., seizures). If you need to stop Zeptol or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- Take Zeptol on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Taking Zeptol at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Zeptol even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zeptol.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Zeptol is an anticonvulsant. It works to control seizures by blocking certain nerve impulses in the brain. It works to treat trigeminal neuralgia by altering nerve impulses in certain facial nerves, which relieves pain.
If you miss a dose of Zeptol, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Zeptol Tablets
Store Zeptol Tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Zeptol out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Zeptol Tablets
Do not use Zeptol if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Zeptol;
- you are allergic to tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline), cyclobenzaprine, or similar medicines;
- you have a history of bone marrow problems, the blood disorder porphyria, or other serious blood disorders;
- you have a severe heart problem called heart block (atrioventricular block);
- you are taking nefazodone;
- you are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) or have taken an MAOI within the last 14 days.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important Information about Zeptol Tablets:
- Zeptol may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Zeptol with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Zeptol may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
- Zeptol may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bruising or bleeding. Tell your doctor if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Zeptol may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Zeptol. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Zeptol before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do not switch from the tablets form of Zeptol to the suspension form without checking with your doctor. The same dose may not have the same effects.
- Zeptol may interfere with certain lab tests, including thyroid function tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Zeptol.
- Zeptol may cause the results of some pregnancy tests to be wrong. Check with your doctor if you have questions or concerns about your pregnancy test results.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Zeptol has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Zeptol while you are pregnant. Zeptol is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Zeptol.
Side Effects of Zeptol Tablets
Below are listed the possible side effects of Zeptol Tablets.Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; nausea; unsteadiness; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry, or bloody stools; calf pain, swelling, or tenderness; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; decreased coordination; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; joint pain; loss of appetite; mental or mood changes; pain, tenderness, or unusual swelling in the neck, groin, or under the arms; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent dizziness or headache; severe or persistent nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; speech problems; stomach pain; sudden unusual weight gain; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; swollen lymph nodes; ulcers or sores in the mouth; uncontrolled muscle movements; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision or eye problems; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Cheap Zeptol Tablets 200 mg and 100 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Zeptol Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 100 mg and 200 mg. The 100 mg pills are priced at only $0.16 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets whereas the 200 mg tablets are priced at only $0.21 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 31. January 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: