10-28 working days.
Prednisolone (Omnacortil Tablets) - Product Information
Prednisolone (Omnacortil Tablets) is a corticosteroid which is used as an anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive agent for certain allergic, dermatologic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, ophthalmologic, nervous system, renal, respiratory, rheumatologic, specific infectious diseases or conditions and organ transplantation. It is also used for the treatment of certain endocrine conditions and for the relief of certain neoplastic condition. Omnacortil tablets (Prednisolone) are available in strengths of 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg , 30 mg and 40 mg.
Please scan and send your prescription to email@example.com.
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Omnacortil Tablets
MACLEODS Pharmaceuticals Limited
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Omnacortil Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Omnacortil Tablets is prednisolone sodium phosphate.
Omnacortil (Prednisolone Tablets) - Dosage
Dosage requirements are variable and must be individualized on the basis of the severity of the disease under treatment and the response of the individual patient. The initial recommended dose of Omnacortil may vary from 10 to 60 mg (prednisolone base) per day, depending on the specific disease being treated. The tablet may be swallowed whole with or without water. The recommended dosage for Omnacortil tablets for certain indications is given below: Multiple Sclerosis:
In the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, daily doses of 200 mg of prednisolone for a week followed by 80 mg every other day for one month have been shown to be effective
Storage Instructions for Omnacortil Tablets
Store Omnacortil Tablets between 39 and 86 degrees F (4 and 30 degrees C). Keep Prednisolone Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Omnacortil Tablets
Before using Omnacortil Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Average and large doses of hydrocortisone or cortisone can cause elevation of blood pressure, salt and water retention, and increased excretion of potassium. Corticosteroids can produce reversible hypothalamicpituitary adrenal (HPA) axis suppression with the potential for glucocorticosteroid insufficiency after withdrawal of treatment. Persons who are on drugs which suppress the immune system are more susceptible to infections than healthy individuals. Chicken pox and measles, for example, can possibly have a more serious or even fatal course in non-immune children or adults on corticosteroids.
Side Effects of Prednisolone Tablets
The possible side effects of Prednisolone Tablets (Omnacortil Tablets) are
- Cardiovascular: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in premature infants.
- Dermatologic: Facial erythema; increased sweating; impaired wound healing; may suppress reactions to skin tests; petechiae and ecchymoses; thin fragile skin; urticaria; edema.
- Endocrine: Decreased carbohydrate tolerance; development of cushingoid state; hirsutism; increased requirements for insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents in diabetic patients; manifestations of latent diabetes mellitus; menstrual irregularities; secondary adrenocortical and pituitary unresponsiveness, particularly in times of stress, as in trauma, surgery or illness; suppression of growth in children.
- Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances: Congestive heart failure in susceptible patients; fluid retention; hypertension; hypokalemic alkalosis; potassium loss; sodium retention.
- Gastrointestinal: Abdominal distention; elevation in serum liver enzyme levels (usually reversible upon discontinuation); pancreatitis; peptic ulcer with possible perforation and hemorrhage; ulcerative esophagitis.
- Metabolic: Negative nitrogen balance due to protein catabolism.
- Musculoskeletal: Aseptic necrosis of femoral and humeral heads; loss of muscle mass; muscle weakness; osteoporosis; pathologic fracture of long bones; steroid myopathy; tendon rupture; vertebral compression fractures.
- Neurological: Convulsions; headache; increased intracranial pressure with papilledema (pseudotumor cerebri), usually following discontinuation of treatment; psychic disorders; vertigo.
- Ophthalmic: Exophthalmos; glaucoma; increased intraocular pressure; posterior subcapsular cataracts.
- Other: Increased appetite; malaise; nausea; weight gain.
Contraindications of Omnacortil Tablets
Omnacortil Tablets are contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to prednisolone sodium phosphate or any other ingredients of Omnacortil Tablets. It is also contraindicated in patients with systemic fungal infections.
Prednisolone (Omnacortil Tablets) Overdose
The symptoms of long term use of Omnacortil Tablets are mental symptoms, moon face, abnormal fat deposits, fluid retention, excessive appetite, weight gain, hypertrichosis, acne, striae, ecchymosis, increased sweating, pigmentation, dry scaly skin, thinning scalp hair, increased blood pressure, tachycardia, thrombophlebitis, decreased resistance to infection, negative nitrogen balance with delayed bone and wound healing, headache, weakness, menstrual disorders, accentuated menopausal symptoms, neuropathy, fractures, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer, decreased glucose tolerance, hypokalemia, and adrenal insufficiency. Hepatomegaly and abdominal distention have been observed in children.
Treatment of acute overdosage of Prednisolone is by immediate gastric lavage or emesis followed by supportive and symptomatic therapy. For chronic overdosage in the face of severe disease requiring continuous steroid therapy the dosage of prednisolone may be reduced only temporarily, or alternate treatment may be started.
Buy Omnacortil Tablets and Online at Cheap Price
You can buy Omnacortil Tablets (Prednisolone Tablets) at a cheap price online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg , 30 mg and 40 mg. The 5 mg pills are priced at only $0.16 per unit, if you place an order for 720 pills whereas the 10 mg pills are available for $0.18 per unit for the same quantity.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 09. September 2012.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: