Indocap Capsules are currently not available.
We offer the product Inmecin Capsules
. Inmecin contains the same active pharmaceutical ingredient as Indocap. To order please follow this link
Indocap Pills (Generic Indomethacin)– Product Information
Indocap is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that has antipyretic and analgesic properties. Indocap (Indomethacin) is used for treating moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
Name of Drug
Indocap is also known as: Indocid, Indocin or Indochron.
Manufacturer of Indocap Pills
Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Limited
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Indocap Pills is Indomethacin.
What Is Indocap Used For:
Indocap is used for treating moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. It is used to treat gout or certain types of bursitis and tendonitis. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Indocap Capsules – Dosage
Use Indocap as directed by your doctor. Adverse reactions seem to correlate with the size of the dose of Indocap in most patients. Hence, every effort should be made to determine the smallest effective dosage for the individual patient. Indocap should not normally be prescribed for pediatric patients of age 14 years and below.
- Take Indocap by mouth with food. This may not lower the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Take Indocap with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Indocap .
Indomethacin (Indocap Capsules) – Overdosage Symptoms And Treatment
The following symptoms may be observed when an individual takes an over dose of Indomethacin: nausea, vomiting, intense headache, dizziness, mental confusion, disorientation, or lethargy. Reports of paresthesias, numbness, and convulsions have also been recorded.
Treatment is symptomatic and supportive. In case the ingestion is recent the stomach should be emptied as quickly as possible. If vomiting has not occurred spontaneously, the patient should be induced to vomit. In case the patient is unable to vomit, gastric lavage should be performed. As soon as the stomach has been emptied, 25 or 50 g of activated charcoal may be given.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Indocap is an NSAID. Exactly how it works is not known. It may block certain substances in the body that are linked to inflammation. NSAIDs treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation. They do not treat the disease that causes those symptoms.
If you miss a dose of Indocap and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Indocap Pills
Store Indocap Pills at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Indocap out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Indocap Pills
Do not use Indocap (Generic Indomethacin) if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Indocap ;
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (e.g., severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (e.g., ibuprofen, celecoxib);
- you have recently had or will be having bypass heart surgery;
- you are taking diflunisal, another NSAID (e.g., ibuprofen), or triamterene;
- you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy;
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important Information about Indocap Capsules (Generic Indomethacin):
- Indocap may cause dizziness or drowsiness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Indocap with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Serious stomach ulcers or bleeding can occur with the use of Indocap . Taking it in high doses or for a long time, smoking, or drinking alcohol increases the risk of these side effects. Taking Indocap with food will not reduce the risk of these effects. Contact your doctor or emergency room at once if you develop severe stomach or back pain; black, tarry stools; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or unusual weight gain or swelling.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Indocap is an NSAID. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has an NSAID (e.g., ibuprofen) in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take aspirin while you are using Indocap unless your doctor tells you to.
- Indocap may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know that you take Indocap .
- Lab tests, including kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure, may be performed while you use Indocap . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Indocap with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Indocap should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 14 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Indocap may cause harm to the fetus. Do not use it during the last 3 months of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Indocap while you are pregnant. Indocap (Indomethacin) is excreted into breast milk and low amounts have been found in the plasma of nursing infants. Seizures in a nursing infant were also observed in one case. Do not breast-feed while taking Indocap .
Possible Side Effects of Indocap (Generic Indomethacin) Pills
Please consult your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; heartburn; nausea; stomach upset.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; depression; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; severe vomiting; shortness of breath; sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint or muscle pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Indocap Capsules 75 mg and 25 mg Online
You can buy Indocap Pills online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 75 mg and 25 mg. The 75 mg pills are priced at only $0.61 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets whereas the 25 mg pills are priced at $0.28 per unit for an order of 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 09. October 2010.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: