Ovral L Pills
Ovral L - Product Information
Ovral L is a monophasic, low dose combination of Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol Tablets I.P. used to prevent pregnancy. Each combined oral contraceptive (COC) tablet contains 150 µg of Levonorgestrel I.P. and 30 µg of Ethinyl estradiol.
Name of Drug
Ovral L. Ovral L is sometimes also referred to as: Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Microgynon 30, Nordette, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Trivora, though these brands may have a slightly different combination of the pharmaceutical ingredients Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol.
Manufacturer Of Ovral L
Wyeth a division of Pfizer
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Ovral L
The active pharmaceutical ingredients in Ovral L are levonorgestrel I.P. 150 µg (0.15 mg) and ethinyl estradiol I.P. 30 µg (0.03 mg).
Uses of Ovral L
Ovral L is used to prevent pregnancy.
Dosage and Administration
Take one pill of Ovral L daily at the same time for 21 consecutive days. Start taking the next pack of 21 tablets after 7 days.
How to start Ovral L
If you have not used an oral contraceptive in the previous month:
Take the first tablet on day 1 of your natural cycle, i.e. on the first day of your period.
If you start on day 2-7, you will have to use for the first seven days an additional nonhormonal method of birth control (such as condoms).
If you have used before another oral contraceptive:
Start taking Ovral L on the day after the last tablet of your previous pill, latest on the day following the usual tablet-free (or inactive tablet) interval.
Changing from a progestin only method (progestin-only pill, injection, implant)
You may switch any day from the progestin-only pill and begin Ovral L the next day. Start Ovral L on the day of an implant removal or, if you used an injection before, the day the next injection would be due.
It is advised to use an additional protection for the first 7 days.
Do not start taking Ovral L before 28 days after delivery.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Ovral L belongs to the group of oral contraceptives.
Ovral L acts by suppression of gonadotropins. Although the primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include changes in the cervical mucus (which increases the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus) and in the endometrium (which reduces the likelihood of implantation).
- If you miss one tablet, but not more than 12 hours have passed, take the tablet as soon as you remember. Take the next tablet at the usual time.
- If you miss one tablet, and more than 12 hours have passed, or if you missed more than one tablet, your protection against pregnancy may be reduced.. The last missed tablet should be taken as soon as you remember, even if this means taking two tablets in one day. Subsequent tablets should be taken at the usual time. In addition, a nonhormonal back-up method of birth control should be used for the next seven days.
- If two tablets in a row are missed in week 1 or week 2 of a pack, two tablets should be taken on the day you remember, and two tablets the next day. Subsequent tablets should be taken at the usual time. In addition, a nonhormonal back-up method of birth control ( such as condoms) should be used for the seven days after tablets are missed.
- If two active tablets in a row are missed in week 3 of a pack, or if three or more tablets in a row are missed in weeks 1-3 of a pack, discard the rest of the packet and start a new packet the same day. Use additional methods to prevent pregnancy.
Storage Of Ovral L Tablets
Store Ovral L at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Store in a cool place.
Warnings and Precautions when using Ovral L
If you have to throw up within 4 hours after taking the pill: Please follow the same instructions, as if you would have missed a pill.
Do not smoke while using Ovral L, especially if you are older than 35. Smoking can increase your risk of blood clots, stroke, or heart attack while taking Ovral L.
Birth control pills will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV and AIDS. Using a condom is the only way to protect yourself from these diseases.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
sudden headache, confusion, pain behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches;
nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet; or
symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes). Use of Ovral L is associated with an increased risk of venous and arterial thrombotic and thromboembolic events.
Side Effects of Ovral L
The possible side effects of Ovral L are listed below:
- mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps;
- breast pain, tenderness, or swelling;
- freckles or darkening of facial skin;
- increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- changes in weight or appetite;
- problems with contact lenses;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive;
- headache (including migraines), nervousness, dizziness, tired feeling;
- mood changes, including depression.
Buy Ovral-L pills Online
You can buy Ovral-L pills online from the Swiss Pharmacy.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 22. June 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: