Syndopa CR Tablets
Syndopa CR Tablets – Product Information
Syndopa CR is a combination medication containing two active ingredients, Levodopa and Carbidopa is used for treating some of the symptoms associated with Parkinson disease and parkinsonism-like symptoms. Parkinson's disease is a disease of the nervous system that mainly affects body movement. The three main symptoms that characterise it include shaking (tremor), muscle stiffness and slow and unsteady movement.
Syndopa CR tablets are most helpful in improving slow movement and muscle stiffness. It is also frequently helpful in treating shaking, difficulty in swallowing and drooling. Syndopa CR tablets are available in 250 mg (200mg Levodopa and 50mg Carbidopa). Syndopa CR version is a "controlled release" version.
Name of Drug
Syndopa CR tablets: We supply Syndopa CR manufactured by SUN Pharmaceuticals.
Manufacturer of Syndopa CR Tablets (combination of Levodopa and Carbidopa)
SUN Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredients contained in Syndopa CR tablets are Carbidopa and Levodopa.
Uses Of Syndopa CR Tablets
Syndopa CR tablets are used for treating Idiopathic Parkinson's disease, Postencephalitic parkinsonism, Symptomatic parkinsonism (carbon monoxide or manganese intoxication) and patients with Parkinson's disease or parkinsonism who are taking vitamin preparations that contain pyridoxine. Syndopa CR Tablets are also used to reduce "off" time in patients previously treated with levodopa/decarboxylase inhibitor preparations, or with levodopa alone, who have had motor fluctuations characterised by end-of-dose deterioration ("wearing-off" phenomenon), peak dose dyskinesias, akinesia, or similar evidence of short-duration motor disturbances. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Syndopa CR Tablets – Dosage and Administration
Use Syndopa CR tablets as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow Syndopa CR tablets whole, with a glass of water.
- In order to maintain the slow-release properties of Syndopa CR, do not chew or crush the tablets
- Carefully follow the dosing schedule given to you by your health care provider. It may take several weeks to a few months to notice benefit from use because the dose is carefully adjusted over time.
- If you are also taking iron salts (eg, ferrous sulfate), do not take them within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Syndopa. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- Take Syndopa CR tablets on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Syndopa at the same times each day will help you to remember to take it.
- Continue to take Syndopa even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you have been taking Levodopa, do not start taking Syndopa CR tablets until at least 12 hours after your final dose of Levodopa.
In patients who have not received prior Levodopa therapy, the initial recommended dosage is one tablet of Syndopa CR 50/200 once daily. The effect of the first morning dose of Syndopa CR may be delayed for up to 1 hour compared with the response usually obtained from the first morning dose of Syndopa (Levodopa & Carbidopa). Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Syndopa CR.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Syndopa CR is an antidyskinetic combination. Levodopa is transformed by the body and the brain into a substance that helps to decrease tremors and other symptoms of Parkinson disease. Carbidopa helps levodopa to reach the brain.
If you miss a dose of Syndopa, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Syndopa CR Tablets
Store Syndopa CR tablets at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Brief periods at temperatures of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) are permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Syndopa CR out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Syndopa CR Tablets
Before using Syndopa CR tablets ( a combination of Levodopa and Carbidopa) please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Syndopa tablets if:
- you are allergic to Levodopa, Carbidopa or any inactive ingredient present in Syndopa CR;
- you have narrow-angle glaucoma, undiagnosed skin growths, skin cancer, or a history of skin cancer;
- you have suspicious undiagnosed skin lesions or a history of melanoma
- you have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Syndopa CR may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Syndopa with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (e.g., sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Syndopa; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Syndopa CR may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Syndopa before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by Syndopa . Symptoms may include fever; stiff muscles; confusion; abnormal thinking; fast or irregular heartbeat; and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
- Diabetes patients - Syndopa CR may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Diabetes patients - Syndopa CR may cause the results of some tests for urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your doctor before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Syndopa CR . Some conditions may become worse when Syndopa CR is suddenly stopped. Your dose may need to be slowly lowered by your doctor to avoid side effects.
- Gradually increase physical activity as your symptoms improve.
- A dark color (red, brown, or black) may appear in your saliva, urine, or sweat after taking Syndopa. This is not harmful.
- The effects of Syndopa CR might start to wear off between doses. Talk with your doctor if Syndopa stops working well or if your condition worsens.
- Syndopa CR may affect certain lab test results. Make sure your doctors and lab personnel know you use Syndopa.
- Lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and liver function tests, may be performed while you use Syndopa. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Syndopa CR with caution in elderly patients; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Syndopa CR tablets should not be used by children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Syndopa while pregnant. It is not known if Syndopa CR is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Syndopa CR , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Side Effects of Syndopa CR Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common possible side effects persist or become bothersome:
- dyskinesia(a form of abnormal involuntary movements), hallucinations, confusion; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; chorea, dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; taste changes; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; urinary tract infection; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood in vomit; chest pain; confusion; depression; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever; hallucinations; mental or mood changes; muscle pain or unusual stiffness; severe abdominal pain; severe lightheadedness or fainting; sore throat; thoughts of suicide; unexplained fever or sweating; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or painful movements or spasms of the face, eyelids, mouth, tongue, arms, hands, or legs; vision changes (blurred/double vision); yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Syndopa CR Tablets 250 mg Online
You can buy Syndopa CR tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 250 mg (200 mg Levodopa and 50 mg Carbidopa). The 250 mg pills are priced at only $0.47 per unit when you place an order for 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 17. June 2013.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: