8-21 working days.
Budesonide Capsules (Budez CR) – Product Information
Budesonide Controlled Release Capsules (Budez CR) are used to treat mild to moderate Crohn's disease (inflammatory disease of the bowel) affecting the end of the small intestine (ileum) and/or the start of the large intestine (ascending colon). Budez CR capsules are also used for maintenance of clinical remission of mild to moderate Crohn’s disease involving the ileum and/or the ascending colon for up to 3 months.
Budez CR capsules are available in strengths of 3 mg.
Name of Drug
Budez CR capsules . This medicine is also known as Budesonide capsules.
Manufacturer of Budez CR capsules
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Budez CR capsules is Budesonide
Budez CR (Budesonide Oral Capsules) is used to treat Crohn's disease, an inflammatory disease of the bowel. Besides mild to moderate Crohn's disease, Budez CR can also be used to treat acute attacks. Crohn's disease mainly affects the small bowel and the first part of the large bowel and causes symptoms such as stomach pain, diarrhoea and fever.
Budez CR which contains Budesonide belongs to the group of medicines called corticosteroids, which are used to help reduce inflammation in many parts of the body. Budesonide capsules are designed to release their contents gradually in the last part of the small bowel (the Ileum) and the first part of the large bowel. Hence the name Budez CR - 'Controlled Release'. Budez CR is also called Controlled Ileal Release as the contents of the medication are released slowly in the Ileum or CR in short. Budez CR capsules reduce inflammation in the small bowel and also in the first part of the large bowel.
Budez CR (Budesonide Oral) Dosage
Budez CR capsules should be swallowed whole with water. For patients with difficulty swallowing, Budesonide Oral capsules may be opened and the contents swallowed after mixing with a tablespoon of apple sauce.
The recommended daily adult dose of Budez CR for induction of remission is 9 mg, administered once daily for up to eight weeks. The capsules should be taken in the morning before breakfast.
What to do in Case You Miss a Dose of Budez CR (Budesonide Oral)
In case you miss a dose of Budez CR capsules take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, in case it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of Budesonide Oral to make up for a missed one.
Storage Instructions for Budez CR (Budesonide Oral)
Budez CR (Budesonide Oral) should be kept at room temperature, 25°C (77°F) in a light-resistant, tight container. Excursions permitted to 15-30°C (59-86°F) Keep away from children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Budesonide Oral Capsules (Budez CR)
Before using Budez CR please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other precautions to be taken when using Budesonide Oral Capsules are:
- Tell your Doctor if you have or have had any medical condition, especially the following: any recent infection (including chicken pox and measles), tuberculosis, diabetes, liver disease, stomach ulcers, brittle bones (osteoporosis), high blood pressure, eye problems (such as glaucoma or cataracts). It may not be safe for you to take Budez CR if you have any of these conditions.
- Caution should be taken in patients with tuberculosis, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, osteoporosis, peptic ulcer, glaucoma or cataracts, or with a family history of diabetes or glaucoma, or with any other condition where glucocorticosteroids may have unwanted effects.
- Replacement of systemic glucocorticosteroids with Budez CR capsules may unmask allergies, eg, rhinitis and eczema, which were previously controlled by the systemic drug. When Budesonide Oral capsules are used chronically, systemic glucocorticosteroid effects such as hypercorticism and adrenal suppression may occur. Reduced liver function affects the elimination of glucocorticosteroids, and increased systemic availability of oral budesonide has been demonstrated in patients with liver cirrhosis.
- Hypercorticism and adrenal suppression: Since Budesonide Oral is a glucocorticosteroid, general warnings concerning glucocorticoids should be followed.
- Transferring patients from systemic glucocorticosteroid therapy: Care is needed in patients who are transferred from glucocorticoids steroid treatment with high systemic effects to corticosteroids with lower systemic availability, such as Budesonide Oral.
- Immunosuppression: Potential worsening of infections(e.g.,existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection). Use with caution in patients with these infections. More serious or even fatal course of chicken pox or measles can occur in susceptible patients.
Side Effects of Generic Budesonide Capsules (Budez CR)
Budesonide capsules were well tolerated in clinical trials. The possible side effects of Generic Budesonide CR (Controlled Release) capsules reported were headache, respiratory infection, nausea, back pain, dyspepsia, dizziness, abdominal pain, flatulence,vomiting, fatigue, pain and symptoms of hypercorticism.
Consult your doctor if any of the above mentioned common side effects of Budez CR persist or become bothersome.
Generic Budesonide Capsules (Budez CR) - Contraindications
Budez CR capsules are contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Budesonide.
Buy Budesonide 3mg capsules (Budez CR) Online
You can buy Budesonide 3mg capsules online at a Cheap rate from the Swiss Pharmacy. Budez CR is available in pills of 3mg . Budez CR pills are priced at only $0.91 per unit if you place an order for 360 capsules.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 16. October 2013.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: