Aripiprazole Tablets – Product Information
Aripiprazole tablets are used for treating schizophrenia and certain symptoms of bipolar disorder.
Name of Drug
Aripiprazole: We supply Asprito manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Sometimes Aripiprazole is also referred to as:Discmelt)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Aripiprazole Tablets is Aripiprazole
Manufacturer of Aripiprazole Tablets
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Aripiprazole is used for treating agitation caused by schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Aripiprazole Tablets – Dosage
Use Aripiprazole tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. Aripiprazole is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Aripiprazole at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Aripiprazole. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions. Aripiprazole is for injection deep into the muscle only. Do NOT inject Aripiprazole under the skin or into a vein. Do not use Aripiprazole if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged. Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Aripiprazole is an atypical antipsychotic. Exactly how Aripiprazole works is not known. It affects certain substances in the brain.
If you miss a dose of Aripiprazole and you still have agitation, follow your doctor's dosing instructions. Contact your doctor immediately if you are unsure of what to do if you miss a dose. Do not use Aripiprazole more often than prescribed. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Aripiprazole Tablets
Store Aripiprazole tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Aripiprazole out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Aripiprazole Tablets
Before using Aripiprazole Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Aripiprazole if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Aripiprazole
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Aripiprazole. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of heart problems (eg, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, recent heart attack), low blood pressure, blood vessel problems, or stroke
- if you have a history of seizures, dementia, Alzheimer disease, depression or other mental/mood disorders, or suicidal thoughts or attempts
- if you have trouble swallowing or a history of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood volume, or are taking medicine for high blood pressure
- if you or a family member has a history of diabetes or you are very overweight
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Aripiprazole. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticholinergics (eg, benztropine, methscopolamine) because the risk of overheating may be increased
- Benzodiazepines (eg, lorazepam), imidazole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), quinidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or voriconazole because they may increase the risk of Aripiprazole 's side effects
- Carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), or rifampin because they may decrease Aripiprazole 's effectiveness
- Alpha-blockers (eg, terazosin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Aripiprazole
Possible Side Effects of Aripiprazole Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- abnormal dreams; blurred vision; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; headache; increased saliva production; lightheadedness; nausea; stomach upset; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weight gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal thinking; chest pain; confusion; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; increased sweating; increased thirst, urination, or appetite; involuntary movements of the tongue, face, mouth, jaw, arms, legs, or back (eg, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements); loss of control over urination; loss of coordination; mental or mood changes (eg, anxiety, depression, hostility); muscle tremor, jerking, or stiffness; one-sided weakness; seizures; severe restlessness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or attempts; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; trouble swallowing; trouble walking; unusual bruising; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision or speech changes.
Buy Aripiprazole Tablets Online
You can buy Aripiprazole Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg and 30 mg.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 01. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: