Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets
Citalopram is currently not available.
We recomend Generic Escitalopram tablets (S Citadep 10 mg and 20 mg manufactured by Cipla Ltd.) which are used to treat the same indications. For more information on Escitalopram Oxalate tablets, please follow this link.
Citalopram Tablets (Citalopram Hydrobromide) – Product Information
Citalopram Tablets (Citalopram Hydrobromide) is used for treating depression.
Name of Drug
Citalopram Tablets : We supply Feliz manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient In Citalopram Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Citalopram Tablets is Citalopram Hydrobromide.
Uses Of Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets
Citalopram Tablets are used to treat depression. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets – Dosage
Use Citalopram as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. The recommended initial adult dosage of Citalopram Tablets (Citalopram Hydrobromide) is 20 mg once daily generally with an increase to a dose of 40 mg/day. The dose increases should usually occur in increments of 20 mg ata minimum interval of one week. The recommended dose for most elderly patients and patients with hepatic impairment is 20 mg/day.
- Citalopram comes with an additional patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Citalopram refilled.
- Citalopram tablets may be taken with or without food.
- You may notice improvement in your depression in 1 to 4 weeks. Continue to take your medicine as directed even when depression improves.
- If it is necessary to stop Citalopram, your doctor will need to reduce the dosage over a few days to a week.
- Do not miss any doses.
- Citalopram Tablets should be administered once a day, in the morning or evening, with or without food.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Citalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It helps to restore the brain's chemical balance by increasing the supply of serotonin, which helps improve mood.
If you miss a dose of Citalopram, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Citalopram Tablets
Store Citalopram Tablets at the room temperature away from moisture and sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Citalopram Tablets
Before using Citalopram Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Citalopram if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Citalopram;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) you are taking astemizole, pimozide, dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), sibutramine, or terfenadine.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Citalopram Hydrobromide. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you or a family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression), other mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or substance abuse
- if you have a history of seizures, liver problems, severe kidney problems, stomach or bowel bleeding, or metabolism problems
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood sodium levels, or drink alcohol
- if you will be having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Citalopram . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fenfluramine derivatives (eg, dexfenfluramine), linezolid, lithium, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), metoclopramide, nefazodone, selegiline, serotonin 5-HT1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sibutramine, St. John's wort, or trazodone because severe side effects, such as a reaction that may include fever, rigid muscles, blood pressure changes, mental changes, confusion, irritability, agitation, delirium, and coma, may occur
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of bleeding, including stomach bleeding, may be increased
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium levels may be increased
- Tramadol because the risk of seizures may be increased H1 antagonists (eg, astemizole, terfenadine) or phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine) because severe heart problems, including irregular heartbeat, may occur
- Carbamazepine or cyproheptadine because they may decrease Citalopram 's effectiveness
- Clozapine, pimozide, risperidone, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Citalopram
Neonates exposed to Citalopram and other Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, late in the third trimester, have developed complications requiring prolonged hospitalization, respiratory support, and tube feeding. When considering to treat pregnant women with Citalopram Hydrobromide Tablets during the third trimester, the doctor should carefully consider the potential risks and benefits of treatment.
Side Effects of Citalopram Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Citalopram Tablets persist or become bothersome:
- change in taste; decreased menstrual flow or painful periods; diarrhea; dry mouth; ejaculation disorder; impotence; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; runny nose; sinus inflammation; tiredness; tremor; upset stomach; weight loss or gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety; cold sweat; confusion; dizziness; fatigue; hostility; impulsiveness; irritability; lack of concern; mania; mental/mood changes; panic attacks; restlessness; seizures; shakiness; sleeplessness; sore throat or fever; suicidal thoughts or behaviors; vision changes; worsening of depression.
Buy Citalopram 10 mg Tablets Online
You can buy Citalopram Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg. The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.44 per Tablet if you place an order for 180Tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 16. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: