Ciprofloxacin Pills – Product Information
Ciprofloxacin is used for treating bacterial infections.
Name of Drug
Ciprofloxacin Tablets : We supply Ciplox manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
Manufacturer of Ciprofloxacin Tablets (Ciplox)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Ciprofloxacin
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Ciprofloxacin Tablets is Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride.
Ciprofloxacin Tablets are used for treating bacterial infections. It may also be used to prevent or slow anthrax after exposure.
Ciprofloxacin Tablets – Dosage
Use Ciprofloxacin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Take Ciprofloxacin by mouth with or without food. The preferred dosing time is 2 hours after a meal.
Take Ciprofloxacin with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Drink several extra glasses of water a day, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
If you also take any products containing magnesium, aluminum, calcium, iron, or zinc (eg, vitamins/minerals, antacids, quinapril); didanosine; sucralfate; or bismuth subsalicylate, do not take them within 6 hours before or 2 hours after taking Ciprofloxacin . Check with your doctor if you have questions.
If you also take sevelamer, do not take it within 4 hours before or after taking Ciprofloxacin. Check with your doctor if you have questions. Ciprofloxacin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
To clear up your infection completely, take Ciprofloxacin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
Avoid taking Ciprofloxacin with milk or milk products (such as yogurt or calcium-enriched juice) by themselves. However, taking Ciprofloxacin as part of a full meal that contains milk or milk products is permitted.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Ciprofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to kill sensitive bacteria. It works by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
Do not miss any doses. If you miss a dose of Ciprofloxacin , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Ciprofloxacin Tablets
Ciprofloxacin Tablets (Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride) should be stored at below 86 degrees F.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Ciprofloxacin Tablets
Before using Ciprofloxacin Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do NOT use Ciprofloxacin Tablets (Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride) if:
- you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride or any inactive ingredient in Ciprofloxacin or to any other fluoroquinolone (eg, levofloxacin)
- you have recently received a live, oral typhoid vaccination or you are taking cisapride or tizanidine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Ciprofloxacin. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems or a history of irregular heartbeat, low blood potassium levels, Alzheimer disease, a brain or nervous system disorder, a problem with the blood vessels in your brain, diarrhea, a stomach infection, liver problems, kidney problems, increased pressure in your brain, seizures, inflammation of your tendons, joint problems, or skin sensitivity to the sun
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Ciprofloxacin. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Cisapride or class 1A or class III antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone, sotalol) because the risk of serious side effects, including irregular heartbeat, may be increased
- Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone) because they may increase the risk of tendon problems
- Arsenic, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen), or probenecid because side effects, such as seizures, may occur
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), arsenic, cyclosporine, methadone, methotrexate, sulfonylureas (eg, glyburide), theophyllines, tizanidine, or xanthines (eg, theophylline) because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or live, oral typhoid vaccine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Ciprofloxacin
Side Effects of Ciprofloxacin Tablets
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects of Ciprofloxacin persist or become bothersome:
- Anxiety; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nightmares; restlessness; stomach upset; vision changes; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); agitation; bizarre behavior; bloody stools; chest pain; convulsions; dark urine (or unusual change in amount of urine); depression; dizziness; easy bruising or bleeding; fever, chills, or unusual cough; hallucinations; increased pressure within the head; inflammation, pain, or rupture of a tendon; irregular heartbeat; joint pain or swelling; loss of appetite; loss of consciousness; mental changes; moderate to severe sunburn; muscle pain; nervousness; oral thrush; pain; pale stools; persistent sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or continuing diarrhea; sleeplessness; stomach cramps/pain; suicidal thoughts; tingling or weakness of arms and legs; tremors; unusual fatigue; vaginal yeast infection; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Ciprofloxacin 500 mg and 250 mg Tablets Online
You can buy Ciprofloxacin Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Ciprofloxacin Tablets are available in pills of 250 mg and 500 mg. The 250 mg pills are priced at only $0.49 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets whereas 500 mg pills are priced at $0.83 per unit for the same quantity.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 16. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: