8-21 working days.
Finast Tablets – Product Information
Finast (Finasteride) is used for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Name of Drug
Finast is also known as Finastride, Finara and Finalo
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
Finasteride is the active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Finast tablets.
Uses of Finast Tablets
Finast prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Finast is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.
Finast may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Finast Tablets - Dosage
Use Finast as directed by your doctor.
- The recommended dosage, for men only, is one 5-milligram tablet per day.
- You may take Finast either with a meal or between meals.
- Continue to use Finast even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Using Finast at the same time each day will help you to remember.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Finast.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Finast is an enzyme inhibitor. It works by lowering levels of a hormone called DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which is a major cause of prostate growth; lowering DHT leads to shrinkage of the enlarged prostate gland.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you missed and take only your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
Store Finast at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Finast out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Finast Tablets
Before taking Finast Pills, tell your doctor if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this medication, or to a similar medicine called dutasteride (Avodart). Also tell your doctor if you have:
- liver disease, or abnormal liver enzyme tests;
- prostate cancer;
- a bladder muscle disorder;
- stricture of your urethra; or
- if you are unable to urinate.
Finast should never be taken by a woman or a child. Finast can be absorbed through the skin, and women or children should not be permitted to handle Finast tablets. Although Finast is not for use by women, this medication can cause birth defects if a woman is exposed to it during pregnancy. Finast tablets should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant. If a woman accidentally comes into contact with this medication from a broken or crushed tablet, wash the area with soap and water right away.
Finast Tablets – Possible Side Effects
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Finast and seek emergency medical attention:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- a very irregular or fast heartbeat; or
- confusion or unusual behavior.
Other, less serious side effects are more likely to occur. Continue to take Finast and talk to your doctor if you experience
- anxiety, irritability, or nervousness;
- tremor (shaking);
- headache; or
- skin flushing. Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
Buy Finast Tablets 5 mg Online
You can buy Finast tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy . It is available in pills of 5 mg in packs of 30, 60, 90 and 180 pills. Finast pills cost only $1 per unit when you place an order of 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 17. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: