Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets
Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets (Metolar) – Product Information
Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets are used for treating high blood pressure, chest pain (angina pectoris) and to treat patients with definite or suspected acute myocardial infarction to reduce cardiovascular mortality.
Name of Drug
Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets: We supply Metolar manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
Manufacturer of Metolar Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Metolar Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Metoprolol Tablets is Metoprolol Tartarate.
Metoprolol is used for treating high blood pressure, alone or with other medicines; long-term treatment of chest pain; and reducing the risk of death because of heart problems in patients who have had a heart attack. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Metoprolol Tablets – Dosage
Use Metoprolol tablets as directed by your doctor.
- Take Metoprolol exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Take Metolar tablets with a full glass of water.
- To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood pressure will need to be checked on a regular basis. It is important that you not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Metoprolol.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Metoprolol is a beta-adrenergic blocking agent. It works by reducing the amount of work the heart has to do (reduces chest pain) and the amount of blood the heart pumps out (lowers high blood pressure). It is also used to stabilize the heart rhythm in conditions in which the heart is beating too fast or at an irregular rhythm.
If you miss a dose of Metoprolol Tablets, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Metoprolol Tablets
Store Metoprolol tablets at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Metoprolol tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Metoprolol Tablets
Before using Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Metoprolol Tartrate (Metolar Tablets) if:
- you are allergic to Metoprolol Tartrate or any inactive ingredient in Metoprolol Tablets;
- you have a very slow heart rate condition (eg, bradycardia, AV block); heart failure controlled by diuretics (eg, furosemide) and digoxin; or very low systolic blood pressure (less than 100 mm Hg);
- you are taking Mibefradil.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important Information For Users of Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets:
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Patients being treated for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal" Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- If you have angina (chest pain) or have had other heart problems, do not suddenly stop taking Metoprolol without first consulting your doctor. If your doctor decides you should no longer use Metoprolol, you will need to stop Metoprolol tablets gradually according to your doctor's instructions.
- If your doctor has instructed you to check your blood pressure and heart rate regularly, be sure to do so.
- Do not take any medicines used to treat colds or congestion without first consulting with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Diabetes patients - Metoprolol may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Metoprolol before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Lab tests, including liver and kidney function, blood pressure, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Metoprolol. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Metoprolol with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Metoprolol while you are pregnant. Metoprolol is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Metolar, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible Side Effects of Metoprolol (Metolar Tablets)
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Metolar tablets persist or become bothersome:
- blurred vision; cold hands and feet; confusion; constipation; depression; diarrhea; dizziness; dry mouth/eyes; gas; hair loss; headache; heartburn; itching; lightheadedness; mild drowsiness; muscle aches; nausea; nightmares; ringing in the ears; short-term memory loss; sleeplessness; stomach pain; unusual tiredness or weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; fainting; pounding in the chest; swelling of the arms, hands, and feet; wheezing; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Metolar Tablets (Metoprolol Tartrate) 50 mg and 100 mg Online
You can buy Metolar Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 50 mg. The 50 mg pills are priced at only $0.53 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 21. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: