Valacyclovir Tablets – Product Information
Valacyclovir (Valcivir Tablets) is used for treating shingles (herpes zoster), cold sores (fever blisters or herpes labialis), and treating or suppressing genital herpes in patients with normal immune systems.
Name of Drug
Valacyclovir Tablets : We supply Valcivir FC tablets manufactured by Cipla.
Manufacturer Of Valcivir Tablets (Valacyclovir Hydrochloride Tablets)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Valcivir Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Valacyclovir Tablets (Valcivir) is Valacyclovir Hydrochloride.
Uses Of Valcivir Tablets (Valacyclovir)
Valacyclovir (Valcivir Tablets)is used for treating shingles (herpes zoster), cold sores (fever blisters or herpes labialis), treating or suppressing genital herpes in patients with a normal immune systems. It is also used to suppress genital herpes in patients with HIV infection, prophylaxis of herpes simplex infections, herpes simplex infections of skin- and mucous membranes, recurrent genital herpes, suppression of recurrent episodes of genital herpes, reduction of transmission of genital herpes (in combination with safer sex practices), prevention of CMV infections in immunocompromised patients, and chickenpox.
Valacyclovir Tablets – Dosage
Use Valcivir Tablets (Valacyclovir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Valacyclovir by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Valacyclovir is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- To treat cold sores, shingles, or genital herpes, start treatment with Valcivir Tablets as soon as possible after your symptoms start.
- If treating an acute outbreak, continue using Valacyclovir for the full course of treatment, even if you feel better in a few days.
- For suppressive therapy, Valacyclovir works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Valacyclovir Hydrochloride (Valacyclovir Tablets) is an antiviral. It works by stopping viral replication. However, Valacyclovir does not eliminate the virus, it is not a cure. When used as a suppressive therapy in patients with normal immune systems with genital herpes using safer sex practices, the risk of spreading the infections to others is reduced.
If you miss a dose of Valacyclovir Tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Valacyclovir Tablets
Store Valacyclovir Tablets at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Valacyclovir out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Valacyclovir Tablets
Before using Valacyclovir Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Valacyclovir if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Valacyclovir or to acyclovir.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Valacyclovir. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a bone marrow or kidney transplant
- if you have HIV or AIDS
- If you have kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Valcivir Tablets (Valcivir Tablets). However, no specific interactions with Valacyclovir are known at this time.
Possible Side Effects of Valacyclovir (Valcivir Tablets)
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Valcivir Tablets persist or become bothersome:
- diarrhea; dizziness; headache; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); aggressive behavior; bloody or dark urine; confusion; fever; hallucinations; pale skin; pinpoint bruises; seizures; shaky movements; speech problems; unsteady movement; weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Valacyclovir 500 mg and 1000 mg Tablets (Valcivir Tablets) Online
You can buy Valacyclovir Tablets online (Valcivir Tablets) from the Swiss Pharmacy. Valcivir Tablets are available in pills of 500 mg and 1000 mg . The 500 mg pills are priced at only $2.69 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets. The 1000 mg pills are priced at only $4.43 per unit if you place an order for 90 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 21. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: