8-21 working days.
Zovirax Tablets – Product Information
Zovirax Tablets are used for treating chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) and treating or suppressing genital herpes infections. It is available in tablets of 200 mg, 400 mg and 800 mg.
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Zovirax Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Zovirax Tablets is Acyclovir
Zovirax is used for treating chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) and treating or suppressing genital herpes infections. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Zovirax Tablets – Dosage
Use Zovirax Tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Take Zovirax by mouth with or without food.
Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Zovirax is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
Start therapy with Zovirax at the earliest sign or symptom of shingles or genital herpes (pain, burning, blisters).
If treating an acute outbreak, continue using Zovirax for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
For suppressive therapy, Zovirax works best if it is taken at the same times each day.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Zovirax is an antiviral. It works by stopping viral replication. However, Zovirax does not eliminate the virus, is not a cure, and does not prevent transmission to others.
If you miss a dose of Zovirax Tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Zovirax Tablets
Store Zovirax Tablets below 25 degrees C. Do not refrigerate.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Zovirax Tablets
Before using Zovirax Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do NOT use Zovirax Tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Zovirax Tablets or to valacyclovir
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Zovirax Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems or a weakened immune system
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Zovirax Tablets. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Medicines that may harm the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics [eg, gentamicin], amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] [eg, ibuprofen], tacrolimus, vancomycin) because the risk of kidney side effects may be increased. Ask your doctor if you are unsure if any of your medicines might harm the kidney
Possible Side Effects of Zovirax Tablets
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Diarrhea; general body discomfort; headache; nausea/vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); aggressive behavior; blood in the urine; confusion; decreased consciousness; decreased urination; hallucinations; lower back pain; mental or mood changes; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding.
Buy Zovirax Tablets 200 mg, 400 mg and 800 mg Online
You can buy Zovirax Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Zovirax Tablets are available in pills of 200 mg, 400 mg and 800 mg.. The 200 mg pills are priced at only $0.92 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 21. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: