Atorvastatin Generic Tablets (Lipvas)– Product Information
Atorvastatin Generic (Atorvastatin Calcium) is an oral medication that is prescribed along with diet to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. Atorvastatin Generic is also used to help reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke in people who have high blood pressure and coronary heart disease (CHD) or who are at risk of CHD. Risk factors for CHD include diabetes, a history of stroke, or small blood vessel disease. Lipvas tablets are available in in strengths of 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg. Each film-coated tablet of 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg contains Atorvastatin calcium equivalent to Atorvastatin 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg respectively. 5 mg strength of Generic Atorvastatin Calcium tablets is available as Atorlip, also manufactured by Cipla Ltd. Mumbai, India.
Name of Drug
Atorvastatin Generic tablets: We supply Lipvas tablets manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
(Sometimes Atorvastatin Generic is also known as: Atorvastatin Calcium tablets, Atoris, Atorlip, Sortis, Torvast, Torvacard, Tortalip, Tulip).
Manufacturer of Lipvas (Atorvastatin Calcium Tablets)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Atorvastatin Tablets is Atorvastatin Calcium.
Uses of Generic Atorvastatin Tablets
Generic Atorvastatin is used with diet changes (restriction of cholesterol and fat intake) to reduce the amount of cholesterol and certain fatty substances in your blood. Accumulation of cholesterol and fats along the walls of your arteries (a process known as atherosclerosis) decreases blood flow and, therefore, the oxygen supply to your heart, brain, and other parts of your body. Generic Atorvastatin is used for the following indications:
- Reduce the risk of MI, stroke, revascularization procedures, and angina in patients without CHD, but with multiple risk factors.
- Reduce the risk of MI and stroke in patients with type 2 diabetes without CHD, but with multiple risk factors.
- Reduce the risk of non-fatal MI, fatal and non-fatal stroke, revascularization procedures, hospitalization for CHF, and angina in patients with CHD.
- Reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG levels and increase HDL-C in adult patients with primary hyperlipidemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial) and mixed dyslipidemia.
- Reduce elevated TG in patients with hypertriglyceridemia and primary dysbetalipoproteinemia.
- Reduce total-C and LDL-C in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH).
- Reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, and apo B levels in boys and postmenarchal girls, 10 to 17 years of age, with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia after failing an adequate trial of diet therapy.
Generic Atorvastatin Tablets – Dosage
Atorvastatin Generic can be administered within the dosage range of 10 to 80 mg/day as a single daily dose. Atorvastatin Generic (Lipvas) can be taken at any time of the day, with or without food. To help you remember to take Atorvastatin, take it around the same time every day.
The dosage should be individualised according to the target lipid levels, the recommended goal of therapy and the patient's response. The majority of patients are controlled with 10 mg Generic Atorvastatin once a day.
Your doctor may start you on a low dose of Atorvastatin Generic, usually 10 mg a day and gradually increase your dose. Continue to take Atorvastatin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Atorvastatin without talking to your doctor. Eat a low-cholesterol, low-fat diet.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Atorvastatin Tablets (Atorvastatin Calcium) is an oral drug that lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood. It belongs to a class of drugs referred to as statins which includes lovastatin (Mevacor), simvastatin, (Zocor), fluvastatin (Lescol), and pravastatin (Pravachol). All statins, including Atorvastatin Calcium, prevent the production of cholesterol by the liver by blocking the enzyme that makes cholesterol, HMGCoA reductase. They lower total blood cholesterol as well as LDL cholesterol levels. (LDL cholesterol is believed to be the "bad" cholesterol that is primarily responsible for the development of coronary artery disease.) Lowering LDL cholesterol levels retards progression and may even reverse coronary artery disease. Unlike the other drugs in this class, Atorvastatin Calcium also can reduce the concentration of triglycerides in the blood. High blood concentrations of triglycerides also have been associated with coronary artery disease. Atorvastatin Calcium was approved by the FDA in December of 1996.
In case you miss a dose of Atorvastatin Generic (Lipvas), take the missed dose of Lipvas as soon as you remember.
Do not take Lipvas if it has been more than 12 hours since you missed your last dose. Wait and take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses of Generic Atorvastatin tablets at the same time.
Storage Instructions for Generic Atorvastatin Tablets
Store Lipvas tablets at controlled room temperature 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Generic Atorvastatin Tablets
Before using Generic Atorvastatin Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not take Generic Atorvastatin without first talking to your doctor if you have active liver disease. Before taking Generic Atorvastatin, tell your doctor if you have a chronic muscular disease, require major surgery, or have a blood disorder. You may not be able to take Atorvastatin, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Generic Atorvastatin is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that Atorvastatin Generic is known to cause birth defects if it is taken during pregnancy. Do not take Atorvastatin Generic if you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. It is not known whether Atorvastatin passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Side Effects of Generic Atorvastatin Tablets
Although side effects from Generic Atorvastatin (Lipvas) are not common, they can occur. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- stomach pain or cramps
- blurred vision
- rash or itching
- upset stomach
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- muscle pain
- muscle cramps or weakness with or without a fever.
More Information on Generic Atorvastatin (Lipvas Tablets)
- Rare cases of muscle problems and liver problems have been associated with the use of atorvastatin and other similar medicines. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if accompanied by a fever or flulike symptoms or yellowing of the skin or eyes, abdominal pain, unexplained fatigue, dark colored urine or pale colored stools. These may be early symptoms of muscle or liver problems.
- If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking atorvastatin and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- decreased urine or rust-colored urine; or
- blurred vision.
- Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take atorvastatin and talk to your doctor if you experience
- upset stomach or flatulence; or
- a rash.
- Side effects other than those listed here may also occur.
Buy Atorvastatin Generic Tablets 40 mg, 20 mg and 10 mg Online
You can buy Generic Atorvastatin Tablets (Lipvas) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Lipvas is available in pills of 40 mg, 20 mg and 10 mg. The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.40 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets the 20 mg pills are priced at $0.46 per unit for an order of 360 tablets and the 40 mg are available for only $0.53 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets .
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 25. September 2010.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: