Antidep Tablets – Product Information
Antidep is used for treating depression. The 25 and 75 mg tablets contain imipramine hydrochloride.
Name of Drug
Antidep is also known as Imipramine tablets.
Manufacturer of Antidep
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Antidep Tablets is Imipramine
What is Antidep Used For
Antidep is used for treating depression. In children it is used to control bed wetting. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Upto three weeks of treatment with Antidep may be necessary before optimal therapeutic effects are evident.
Antidep Tablets – Dosage
Use Antidep as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
One tablet (25 mg) three times daily initially, increased up to six tablets daily, if necessary except in the case of elderly patients, adolescents or children.
Dosage in excess of eight tablets (200 mg) daily is not recommended.
For children between ages 5 to 9 years, for persistent functional enuresis (Bed-Wetting) 25 mg one hour before bedtime. In the case of children 10 years and over, the dosage may be increased if necessary to a maximum of 50 mg. Since the safety margin of any drug is lower in children an attempt has be made to reduce or discontinue the use of Antidep tab at a period of two months.
Take Antidep by mouth with or without food.
Taking Antidep at bedtime may help reduce side effects (eg, daytime drowsiness). Discuss this possibility with your doctor. It may take 1 to 3 weeks before you notice the effect of Antidep. Continue to use Antidep even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Antidep is a tricyclic antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that help elevate mood.
If you miss a dose of Antidep, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you take 1 dose daily at bedtime, do not take the missed dose the next morning.
Storage of Antidep
Store Antidep at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Antidep out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Antidep Tablets
Do not use Antidep if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Antidep;
- you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days, or if you are taking astemizole, droperidol, or terfenadine.
- you are recovering from a recent heart attack.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Antidep. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you drink alcohol-containing beverages daily or you have a history of alcohol abuse
- if you take thyroid medicine or you have a history of overactive thyroid, glaucoma, heart problems, kidney or liver problems, diabetes, seizures, the blood disease porphyria, or difficulty urinating
- if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or behavior, bipolar disorder, or any other mental disorders; you are undergoing electroshock therapy; or you are scheduled to have any surgery.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Antidep. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, fluconazole), cimetidine, duloxetine, flecainide, methylphenidate, mibefradil, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), propafenone, quinidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or terbinafine because they may increase the risk of Antidep 's side effects
- Arsenic, astemizole, droperidol, furazolidone, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), pimozide, streptogramins (eg, dalfopristin), terfenadine, or tramadol because the risk of high blood pressure, serious heart problems (eg, irregular heartbeat), or seizures may be increased
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital) or phenytoin because they may decrease Antidep 's effectiveness
- Anticholinergics (eg, benztropine), carbamazepine, or sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Antidep
- Clonidine, guanethidine, or guanfacine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Antidep
Possible Side Effects of Antidep Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; excitement; headache; impotence; nausea; nightmares; pupil dilation; sensitivity to sunlight; sweating; tiredness; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness; weight loss or gain.
- Hypotension and changes in atrioventricular conduction time (rare).
- Skin rashes and blood dyscrasias
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; changes in sex drive; chest pain; confusion; constipation; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; frequent or difficult urination; hallucinations; impulsive behavior or other unusual changes in behavior; jaw, neck, or muscle spasms; mental or mood changes (eg, increased anxiety, mood swings, agitation, irritability, nervousness, restlessness); panic attacks; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; sore throat; stomach pain; suicidal thinking or behavior; swelling of the testicles; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble walking or keeping your balance; twitching of the face or tongue; uncontrolled movements of arms and legs or stiffness; unusual bleeding or bruising; worsening of depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Cheap Generic Antidep Tablets 25 mg and 75 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Antidep Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 25 mg and 75 mg. The 25 mg pills are priced at only $0.19 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets whereas the 75 mg pills are priced at $0.39 per unit for an order of 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 25. September 2010.