8-21 working days.
Citadep is currently not available.
We recomend Generic Escitalopram tablets (S Citadep 10 mg and 20 mg manufactured by Cipla Ltd.) which are used to treat the same indications. For more information on Escitalopram Oxalate tablets, please follow this link.
Citadep Tablets (Generic Celexa Tablets) – Product Information
Citadep (Citalopram) is used for treating depression.
Name of Drug
Citadep is also known as as Celexa,Cipramil, Citabax, Talam, Seropram, Citaxin, Recital, Celapram, Ciplapine, Cipram, Citopam and Citrol.
Manufacturer of Citadep Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Citadep Tablets (Generic Celexa ) is Citalopram.
Citadep treats depression. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Citadep Tablets – Dosage
Use Citadep as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
The normal initial adult dose of Citadep Tablets is 20 mg once daily, generally with an increase to a dose of 40 mg/day. Dose increases should usually occur in increments of 20 mg at intervals of no less than one week. Citadep Doses above 40 mg per day are not ordinarily recommended.
Citadep should be taken once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.
- Citadep comes with an additional patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Citadep refilled.
- Citadep tablets may be taken with or without food.
- You may notice improvement in your depression in 1 to 4 weeks. Continue to take your medicine as directed even when depression improves.
- If it is necessary to stop Citadep , your doctor will need to reduce the dosage over a few days to a week.
- Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Citadep is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It helps to restore the brain's chemical balance by increasing the supply of serotonin, which helps improve mood.
If you miss a dose of Citadep , skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Generic Citadep Tablets
Store Citadep Tablets at the room temperature away from moisture and sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Citadep Pills
Do not use Citadep if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Citadep ;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) you are taking astemizole, pimozide, dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), sibutramine, or terfenadine.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Citadep . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you or a family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression), other mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or substance abuse
- if you have a history of seizures, liver problems, severe kidney problems, stomach or bowel bleeding, or metabolism problems
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood sodium levels, or drink alcohol
- if you will be having electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Citadep . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fenfluramine derivatives (eg, dexfenfluramine), linezolid, lithium, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), metoclopramide, nefazodone, selegiline, serotonin 5-HT1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sibutramine, St. John's wort, or trazodone because severe side effects, such as a reaction that may include fever, rigid muscles, blood pressure changes, mental changes, confusion, irritability, agitation, delirium, and coma, may occur
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of bleeding, including stomach bleeding, may be increased
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium levels may be increased
- Tramadol because the risk of seizures may be increased H1 antagonists (eg, astemizole, terfenadine) or phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine) because severe heart problems, including irregular heartbeat, may occur
- Carbamazepine or cyproheptadine because they may decrease Citadep 's effectiveness
- Clozapine, pimozide, risperidone, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Citadep
Possible Side Effects of Citadep Pills
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- change in taste; decreased menstrual flow or painful periods; diarrhea; dry mouth; ejaculation disorder; impotence; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; runny nose; sinus inflammation; tiredness; tremor; upset stomach; weight loss or gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety; cold sweat; confusion; dizziness; fatigue; hostility; impulsiveness; irritability; lack of concern; mania; mental/mood changes; panic attacks; restlessness; seizures; shakiness; sleeplessness; sore throat or fever; suicidal thoughts or behaviors; vision changes; worsening of depression.
Buy Citadep Tablets (Generic Celexa Tablets) 10 mg and 20 mg Online
You can buy Citadep Pills (Generic Celexa ) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg and 20 mg . The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.41 per Tablet if you place an order for 360 Tablets whereas the 20 mg pills are priced at $0.59 per Tablet for an order of 360 Tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 26. September 2010.