8-21 working days.
Duvanta Tablets ( Generic Duloxetine) – Product Information
Duvanta Tablets ( Generic Duloxetine) is used for treating depression and generalized anxiety disorder.
Name of Drug
Duvanta is also known as Dulot.
Manufacturer of Duvanta Tablets
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. India
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Duvanta Tablets is Duloxetine.
Duvanta Tablets are used for treating depression and generalized anxiety disorder. It is used for managing pain caused by diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPNP). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Generic Duloxetine is indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD). Generic Duloxetine is indicated for the management of chronic musculoskeletal pain in people with chronic osteoarthritis pain and chronic low back pain.
Duvanta Tablets – Dosage
Use Duvanta as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.The typical starting dose for adults is 40 mg/day to 60 mg/day. Certain patients may benefit from starting at 30 mg once daily. A gradual dose reduction of Duvanta is recommended to avoid discontinuation symptoms
- Take Duvanta Tablets by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Duvanta whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Take Duvanta on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Duvanta at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Duvanta even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Duvanta is a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). It works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances in the brain (serotonin and norepinephrine), which helps to improve certain mood problems.
If you miss a dose of Duvanta, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Duvanta Tablets at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Duvanta out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Duvanta Tablets
Do not use Duvanta if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Duvanta;
- you have uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma;
- you have liver problems or severe kidney problems, or are having dialysis;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days;
- you are taking a quinolone antibiotic (e.g., ciprofloxacin), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) (e.g., fluoxetine, fluvoxamine), a SNRI (e.g., venlafaxine), thioridazine, or tryptophan.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Duvanta Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you or a family member has a history of bipolar disorder (manic-depression), other mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or attempts, or alcohol or substance abuse
- if you have a history of seizures, heart problems (eg, heart failure, irregular heartbeat), recent heart attack, high blood pressure, kidney problems, diabetes, stomach or bowel problems (eg, slowed emptying), or increased eye pressure (eg, glaucoma)
- if you are dehydrated, have low blood sodium levels, or drink alcohol
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Duvanta Tablets. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- 5-HT1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), linezolid, lithium, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), quinidine, rasagiline, SNRIs (eg, venlafaxine), SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine), St. John's wort, tramadol, or tryptophan because severe side effects, such as a reaction that may include fever, rigid muscles, blood pressure changes, mental changes, confusion, irritability, agitation, delirium, and coma, may occur
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood sodium levels may be increased
- Cimetidine, medicines for high blood pressure, or quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin) because they may increase the risk of Duvanta Tablets's side effects
- Certain antiarrhythmics (eg, flecainide, propafenone), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Duvanta Tablets
Possible Side Effects of Duvanta Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- blurred vision; constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; loss of appetite; muscle aches; nausea; sore throat; tiredness; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
- Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; confusion; excessive sweating; dark urine; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever or chills; hallucinations; loss of coordination; new or worsening agitation, anxiety, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, restlessness, or inability to sit still; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; severe or persistent trouble sleeping; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; trouble urinating; unusual or severe mental or mood changes
Buy Cheap Duvanta Tablets 20 and 30 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Duvanta Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 20 mg and 30 mg. The 20 mg pills are priced at only $0.64 per unit if you place an order for 180 Tablets whereas the 30 mg pills are priced at $0.97 per unit for an order of 180 Tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 09. October 2010.