8-21 working days.
US patients please note:
Isotretinoin can be dispensed only by a pharmacy registered and activated with iPLEDGE. We are not registered with iPLEDGE. Patients and prescribers must be registered as well.
Please contact us for details, if you are a patient not residing in the USA.
Isotroin Capsules (Generic Isotretinoin)– Product Information
Isotroin (Isotretinoin), an extremely powerful and potent acne-controlling medicine, is used in the treatment of moderate to severe acne that has failed other therapy.
Name of Drug
Isotroin is also known as as: Tretiva
Manufacturer of Isotroin Tablets
We also offer Isotretinoin 40mg
manufactured by Intas Pharma Ltd. To order please click here.
Good for minimum 12 months, please contact us, if you intend to order a larger supply. We will let you know the exact expiry date.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Isotroin Capsules is Isotretinoin.
Isotroin is used for treating severe acne in patients who do not respond to other medicines. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Due to the fact that there are significant side effects associated with its use, ISOTROIN should only be used for patients with severe nodular acne who are unresponsive to conventional therapy, including systemic antibiotics. ISOTROIN is indicated only for those female patients who are not pregnant, because ISOTROIN can cause severe birth defects.
Isotroin Capsules – Dosage
Take Isotroin Capsules two times a day with a meal, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Swallow the capsule. Don't suck or chew it. A single course of therapy for 15 to 20 weeks has been shown to result in complete and prolonged remission of disease in many patients. Take it with a full glass of water, milk, or other nonalcoholic liquid. Follow your doctor's instructions carefully.
Depending on your reaction to Isotroin, your doctor may need to adjust the dosage upward or downward. If you respond quickly and very well, your doctor may take you off Isotroin even before the 15 or 20 weeks are up.
After you finish taking Isotroin, there should be at least a 2-month "rest period" during which you are off the drug. This is because your acne may continue to get better even though you are no longer taking the medication. Once the 2 months are up, if your acne is still severe, your doctor may want to give you a second course of Isotroin. If you are still growing, your doctor may recommend a longer "rest period."
Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Read the patient information leaflet available with the product. Do not crush the capsules.
Do not share Isotroin with anyone because of the risk of birth defects and other serious side effects
Drug Class and Mechanism
Isotroin is a retinoid. It works by reducing skin oil production, changing the characteristics of the skin oil, and preventing abnormal hardening of the skin.
If you miss a dose of Isotroin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Isotroin Capsules
Store Isotroin Capsules at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Isotroin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Isotroin Capsules
WARNING TO FEMALE PATIENTS:
This medicine may cause severe birth defects. You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, or may become pregnant during treatment.
Do not use Isotroin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Isotroin;
- you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or become pregnant while taking Isotroin;
- you are breast-feeding.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not give blood while taking Isotroin and for 1 month after stopping taking Isotroin.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Isotroin.
- Worsening of acne may occur during the first part of therapy. This does not suggest failure or a need to stop the medicine.
- To prevent cracking of lips, use a lip moisturizer or balm.
- Do not have cosmetic procedures to smooth your skin, including waxing, dermabrasion, or laser procedures, while you are taking Isotroin and for at least 6 months after you stop. Isotroin can increase your chance of scarring from these procedures.
- Isotroin may cause increased sensitivity to the sun. Avoid exposure to the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Isotroin . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for a prolonged period.
- Tell your health care provider if you plan vigorous physical activity (sports) during treatment with Isotroin.
- Sexually active women of childbearing age must use 2 effective forms of birth control at least 1 month before starting therapy, during therapy, and for 1 month after stopping the medicine. Your health care provider should conduct pregnancy tests on a monthly basis while you are taking Isotroin.
- Certain birth control pills (progestin) that do not contain estrogen may not be as effective while you are taking Isotroin.
- Diabetes patients - Isotroin may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely and ask your health care provider before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine.
Possible Side Effects of Isotroin Capsules
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- abnormal hair growth; abnormal skin sensations; bleeding and redness or swelling of the gums;changes in menstrual flow; chapped lips; decreased tolerance to contact lenses; dizziness; dry eyes and mouth; dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds; dry or peeling skin; fatigue; flushing; general body discomfort; hair thinning; headache; itching; lack of energy; nervousness; respiratory tract infection; sleeplessness; sweating; temporary worsening of acne; voice changes.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre, aggressive, or violent behavior; bowel pain; chest pain or pounding in the chest; dark urine; depression; difficult or painful swallowing; difficulty moving; excessive thirst or urination; fainting; fast heartbeat; fever; fractured or weak bones; hearing problems or ringing in the ears; increased pressure in the brain (pressure in the eye; nausea; vision changes; vomiting); joint or back pain; leg swelling; muscle weakness with or without pain; nausea; new or worsening heartburn; rectal bleeding; red patches or bruises on the legs; shortness of breath; seizures; severe birth defects; severe diarrhea; severe headache; skin infection; slurred speech; stomach pain or tenderness; stroke; stunted growth in children; sun sensitivity; swelling of the pancreas (fever; increased heartbeat; nausea; stomach tenderness; vomiting); swollen glands; thoughts of suicide; tightness in the lungs; vision changes; vomiting; weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Isotroin Capsules ( Generic Isotretinoin Capsules) 10 mg and 20 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Isotroin Capsules 10 mg & 20 mg online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg and 20 mg. The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.86 per unit if you place an order for 450 Capsules whereas the 20 mg pills are priced at $1.29 per unit for an order of 450 Capsules.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Saturday, 09. October 2010.