8-21 working days.
Primox Tablets – Product Information
Primox (Nortriptyline Hydrochloride) is used for treating depression. Primox is a tricyclic antidepressant and is available in 25 mg pills.
Name of Drug
Primox is also referred to as: Sensival.
Manufacturer of Primox Tablets
Primox Tablets are manufactured by SUN Pharmaceuticals.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Primox Tablets is Nortriptyline Hydrochloride.
What is Primox Used For
Primox is used for the relief of symptoms of depression. Endogenous depressions are more likely to be alleviated than are other depressive states. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Primox Tablets – Dosage
Use Primox Tablets as directed by your doctor. The normal Adult Dose is 25 mg three or four times daily.
- Primox may be taken by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Primox whole. Do not crush or chew before swallowing.
- Continue to take Primox even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses. Taking Primox at the same time each day will help you to remember to take it.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Primox.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Primox is a tricyclic antidepressant. It works by increasing the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that help elevate mood.
Primox Tablets - Missed Dose
If you miss a dose of Primox, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If you take 1 dose daily at bedtime, do not take the missed dose the next morning.
Primox Tablets - Storage
Store Primox between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Primox out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Primox Tablets
Do not use Primox if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Primox;
- you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days, or you are taking astemizole, droperidol, or terfenadine;
- you are recovering from a recent heart attack.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you. All pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants have to be closely monitored for clinical worsening, suicidality, and any unusual changes in behavior, specially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes.
Some medical conditions may interact with Primox.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you drink alcohol-containing beverages daily or you have a history of alcohol abuse
- if you take thyroid medicine or you have a history of overactive thyroid, glaucoma, heart problems, kidney or liver problems, diabetes, seizures, the blood disease porphyria, or difficulty urinating
- if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or behavior, bipolar disorder, or any other mental disorders; you are undergoing electroshock therapy; or you are scheduled to have any surgery
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Primox.
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, fluconazole), cimetidine, duloxetine, flecainide, methylphenidate, mibefradil, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), propafenone, quinidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or terbinafine because they may increase the risk of Primox 's side effects
- Arsenic, astemizole, droperidol, furazolidone, MAOIs (eg, phenelzine), pimozide, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), streptogramins (eg, dalfopristin), terfenadine, or tramadol because the risk of high blood pressure, serious heart problems (eg, irregular heartbeat), or seizures may be increased
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital) or phenytoin because they may decrease Primox 's effectiveness
- Anticholinergics (eg, benztropine), carbamazepine, chlorpropamide, or sympathomimetics (eg, phenylephrine) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Primox
- Clonidine, guanethidine, or guanfacine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Primox
Possible Side Effects of Primox Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; excitement; headache; impotence; nausea; nightmares; pupil dilation; sensitivity to sunlight; sweating; tiredness; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness; weight loss or gain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision or other vision changes; changes in sex drive; chest pain; confusion; constipation; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; frequent or difficult urination; hallucinations; impulsive behavior or other unusual changes in behavior; jaw, neck, or muscle spasms; mental or mood changes (e.g., increased anxiety, mood swings, agitation, irritability, nervousness, restlessness); panic attacks; ringing in the ears; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; sore throat; stomach pain; suicidal thinking or behavior; swelling of the testicles; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble walking or keeping your balance; twitching of the face or tongue; uncontrolled movements of arms and legs or stiffness; unusual bleeding or bruising; worsening of depression; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Cheap Primox Tablets 25 mg Online
You can buy Cheap Primox Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 25 mg. The 25 mg pills are priced at only $0.23 per unit if you place an order for 720 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 30. January 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: