Attentin Tablets (Generic Strattera) – Product Information Currently not available. Instead we recommend Generic Strattera (Attentrol)
Attentin (Atomoxetine) is used for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Each tablet contains atomoxetine HCl equivalent to 18 or 25 mg of atomoxetine.
Name of Drug
Attentin is also referred to as Strattera.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient used in Attentin Pills is Atomoxetine.
Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Attentin is used for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Attentin Tablets – Dosage
Use Attentin as directed by your doctor. Attentin Tablets should be started at a total daily dose of 40 mg and increased after a minimum of 3 days to a target total daily dose of approximately 80 mg administered either as a single daily dose in the morning or as evenly divided doses in the morning and late afternoon/early evening. After 2 to 4 additional weeks, the dose may be increased to a maximum of 100 mg in patients who have not achieved an optimal response.
- Take Attentin pills by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Swallow Attentin whole. Do not open or take the capsules apart.
- Taking Attentin at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to use Attentin even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Attentin.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Attentin is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Exactly how Attentin works to treat ADHD is not known. Attentin increases certain chemicals (e.g., norepinephrine) in the brain. This may affect attention span and behavior.
If you miss a dose of Attentin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Attentin Pills
Store Attentin at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Attentin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Attentin Pills
Do not use Attentin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Attentin;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days;
- you have certain heart problems (e.g., heart defect, heart failure), certain types of irregular heartbeat, severe blood vessel problems, or narrow-angle glaucoma.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Attentin may cause dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, or fainting. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Attentin with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Attentin may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or take for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Children and teenagers who take Attentin may be at increased risk for suicidal thoughts or actions. Adults may also be affected. The risk may be greater in patients who have had suicidal thoughts or actions in the past. The risk may also be greater in patients who have had bipolar (manic-depressive) illness, or if their family members have had it. Watch patients who take Attentin closely. Contact the doctor at once if new, worsened, or sudden symptoms such as depressed mood; anxious, restless, or irritable behavior; panic attacks; or any unusual change in mood or behavior occur. Contact the doctor right away if any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions occur.
- Do not try to open the capsules or take them apart. Wash your hands immediately after using Attentin . Do not get Attentin in your eye. It may irritate your eye if you do. If you get Attentin in your eyes or nose, rinse at once with cool water.
- Lab tests, including heart rate, blood pressure, and liver function, may be performed while you use Attentin. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Attentin Pills with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially dizziness.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in children and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they take Attentin.
- Attentin Pills should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 6 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Attentin while you are pregnant. It is not known if Attentin is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Attentin , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Attentin Side Effects
Listed below are the possible Side Effects of Attentin Tablets. Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- constipation; coughing; decreased appetite; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; fatigue; headache; increased sweating; indigestion; nausea; stomach upset; tiredness; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dark urine; decreased sexual ability (e.g., impotence, ejaculation problems); fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; menstrual cycle changes; mental or mood changes (e.g., agitation, anxiety, depression, irritability, persistent crying, unusual sadness); new or worsening behavior changes (e.g., aggression, hostility, restlessness); numbness or tingling; one-sided weakness; pale stools; persistent fatigue or tiredness; prolonged or painful erection; seizure; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or tenderness; suicidal thoughts or attempts; trouble sleeping; trouble urinating; unusual vision or speech changes; unusually cold or blue fingers or toes; yellowing of skin or eyes.
Buy Attentin Tablets 18 mg and 25 mg Online
You can buy Attentin Pills online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 18 mg and 25 mg .
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 30. January 2011.