8-21 working days.
Azithromycin Tablets - Product Information
Azithromycin Tablets is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections.
Name of Drug
Azithromycin Tablets: We supply Azee manufactured by Cipla Ltd. It is available in tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg.
Manufacturer Of Azithromycin Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Azithromycin Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient in Azithromycin Tablets is azithromycin.
Uses of Azithromycin Tablets
Azithromycin is used to treat the following indications:
Upper respiratory tract infections (including ear, nose and throat infections):
Tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media (middle ear infection) and pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat).
Lower respiratory tract infections:
Community acquired pneumonias, acute bacterial worsening of chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis due to Haemophilus influenzae ,Moraxella catarrhalis or Streptococcus pneumoniae .
Genitourinary tract infections (including sexually transmitted diseases):
Urethritis, prostatitis, cervicitis, cervico-vaginitis and salpingitis due to N. gonorrhoeaeand C. trachomatis.
Genital ulcer disease (chanchroid) in men due to Haemophilus ducreyi.
Skin and skin structure infections:
Folliculitis, furuncles, carbuncles, impetigo, pyoderma, infected ulcer, infected dermatitis, cellulitis and erysipelas due to S. aureus, S. pyogenes or S. agalactiae.
Azithromycin is also indicated in:
- Prophylaxis and treatment of malaria.
- Treatment of acne.
- Treatment of chlamydial conjunctivitis.
The dosage of Azithromycin varies as per the condition being treated.
For mild to moderate lower respiratory tract infections, upper respiratory tract infections and uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections:
Adults 500 mg as a single dose on the first day followed by 250 mg once daily on days 2 to 5 for a total dose of 1.5 g or 500 mg once daily for 3 days.
Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Gonorrhoea: 2 gm as a stat dose
- Chancroid: 1 gm as a stat dose
- Non-gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis due to C. trachomatis –1 gm as a stat dose
- Syphilis: 1 gm o.d. for 5 days or 500 mg o.d. for 10 days.
- Prophylaxis: 500 mg on first day followed by 250 mg/day for 7 days.
- Treatment: 1000-1500 mg once daily for 3 days with usual doses of chloroquine.
- 250-500 mg on 3 consecutive days in a week for 12 weeks.
- Azithromycin can be taken with or without food.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Azithromycin is an macrolide antibiotic. It fights bacteria in the body.
What To Do In Case Of A Missed Dose
Take the missed dose of Azithromycin as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Azithromycin - Storage
Store Azithromycin at room temperature away from children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Azithromycin Tablets
Before using Azithromycin Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or after you take Azithromycin.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Azithromycin: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- chest pain, uneven heartbeats;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash.
Side Effects of Azithromycin
The Possible Side Effects of Azithromycin are listed below:
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation;
- stomach pain or upset;
- dizziness, tired feeling, or headache;
- nervous feeling, sleep problems (insomnia);
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- mild itching or skin rash;
- ringing in your ears, problems with hearing;
- decreased sense of taste or smell.
Buy Cheap Azithromycin Tablets Online
You can buy Cheap Azithromycin Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Azithromycin Tablets (well known as Generic Zithromax®) are available in tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg. The cost of a 250 mg pill is only 1.10 USD when you order 360 pills, whereas the cost of a 500 mg pill is just 2.08 USD when you order 180 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 19. June 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: