8-21 working days.
Yasmin Pills - Product Information
Yasmin is an oral contraceptive ("The Pill"). Yasmin pills are also used to treat dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and moderate acne in women above the age of 14 years, if at the same time contraception is a desired effect. Yasmin provides an oral contraceptive regimen which consists of 21 active film coated tablets each containing 3 mg of drospirenone and 0.03 mg of ethinyl estradiol. We supply original Yasmin pills manufactured by Bayer Schering Pharma in Germany.
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Yasmin pills
Bayer Schering Pharma; Yasmin pills are manufactured in Germany.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Yasmin pills
The active pharmaceutical ingredients in Yasmin pills are drospirenone 3 mg and ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg.
Uses of Yasmin pills
Yasmin is indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use an oral contraceptive. Oral contraceptives are highly effective. The uses of Yasmin pills are given below:
- Prevent pregnancy
- Treat symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) for women who choose to use an oral contraceptive for contraception.
- Treat moderate acne for women at least 14 years old only if an oral contraceptive for birth control is desired.
- Yasmin pills is also prescribed for women with heavy, painful and/or irregular periods
Yasmin pills - Contraindications
Yasmin pills must not be used in women who have the following:
- Renal insufficiency
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
- A past history of deep-vein thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
- Cerebral-vascular or coronary-artery disease
- Valvular heart disease with thrombogenic complications
- Severe hypertension
- Diabetes with vascular involvement
- Headaches with focal neurological symptoms
- Known or suspected carcinoma of the breast
- Carcinoma of the endometrium or other known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding
- Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior pill use
- Liver tumor (benign or malignant) or active liver disease
- Known or suspected pregnancy
- Heavy smoking (15 cigarettes or more per day) and over age 35
Take one pill of Yasmin at the same time each day. In Case you miss a dose or doses please follow the missed dose instructions below.
Yasmin Dosage - Missed Dose Instructions
One pill missed
If you forget to take ONE pill, or start your new pack one day late, you should take the pill you missed as soon as possible, then continue taking the rest of the pack as normal. You will still be protected against pregnancy and you don't need to use extra contraception.Two or more pills missed
If you forget to take TWO or more pills, or start your new pack two or more days late, you won't be protected against pregnancy. You should take the last pill you missed as soon as possible, forget the other missed ones and then continue to take your pills, one every day, as normal. You should either not have sex, or use an extra barrier method of contraception, eg condoms, for the next seven days.
If you had unprotected sex in the seven days before you missed pills, you may need emergency contraception (the morning after pill). Ask for medical advice.
If there are fewer than seven pills left in your pack after your last missed pill, you should finish the pack and then start a new pack straight away without a break. This means skipping your pill-free week.
If there are seven or more pills left in your pack after your last missed pill, you should finish the pack and have your seven day break as usual before starting the next pack.
If you are confused about any of this, you can get individual advice for your circumstances from your doctor or pharmacist.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Yasmin pills belongs to the class of oral contraceptives.
The daily dose of hormones taken in the pill work mainly by tricking your body into thinking that ovulation has already happened. This prevents an egg from ripening and being released from the ovaries each month.
The hormones also increase the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of the womb, which makes it more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb and reach an egg. They also change the quality of the womb lining (endometrium), making it less likely that a fertilised egg can implant there.
Store Yasmin pills at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Yasmin pills
Serious risks, which can be life threatening, include blood clots, stroke and heart attacks, and are increased if you smoke cigarettes. Cigarette smoking increases the risk of serious cardiovascular side effects from the use of oral contraceptive. This risk increases with age as well as with heavy smoking and is quite high especially if you’re 35 years and above. Women who use oral contraceptives should not smoke.
Some women should not use the Pill, including women who have or have had blood clots, certain cancers, a history of heart attack or stroke, as well as those who are or may be pregnant. Oral contraceptives do not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol is contraindicated in patients with hepatic dysfunction. The mean exposure to DRSP in women with moderate liver impairment is approximately three times the exposure in women with normal liver function. Yasmin pills should also not be taken by women with renal insufficiency.
Side Effects of Yasmin pills
Listed below are the possible side effects of Yasmin pills:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Breast tenderness, enlargement.
- Weight changes.
- Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention).
- Vaginal thrush (candidiasis).
- Change in menstrual bleeding.
- Menstrual spotting or breakthrough bleeding.
- Skin reactions.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Rise in blood pressure.
- Irregular brown patches on the skin, usually of the face (chloasma).
- Steepening of corneal curvature which may make contact lenses uncomfortable.
- Disturbance in liver function.
- Blood clots in the blood vessels (eg, DVT, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, stroke.
Buy Yasmin Online
You can buy Yasmin pills online from the Swiss Pharmacy. The price of a tablet is only 1.39 USD when you order 147 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 22. June 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: