8-21 working days.
Neotrexate Tablets (Generic Methotrexate) – Product Information
Neotrexate (Generic Methotrexate) is an antimetabolite and antifolate drug. It is used in treatment of cancer, autoimmune diseases, ectopic pregnancy, Eczema, Lymphoma, Trophoblastic Disease and for the induction of medical abortions. .
Name of Drug
Neotrexate: Neotrexate tablets are also referred to as Rheumatrex, Trexall, MTX, Amethopterin and generic Methotrexate.
Manufacturer Of Neotrexate Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Neotrexate tablets (Generic Methotrexate)
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Neotrexate tablets is Methotrexate.
Uses of Neotrexate Tablets
Neotrexate is used in the treatment of:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Nonlymphocytic Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Bullous Pemphigoid
- Cervical Cancer
- Cogan's Syndrome
- Colorectal Cancer
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Esophageal Carcinoma
- Gastric Cancer
- Graft-versus-host disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Meningeal Leukemia
- Mycosis Fungoides
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Solid Tumors
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Trophoblastic Disease
Drug Class and Mechanism
Methotrexate is an antimetabolite. It works to treat cancer and psoriasis by blocking an enzyme needed for cell growth. This helps to slow the growth of cancer cells and abnormal skin cells. Exactly how Methotrexate works to treat rheumatoid arthritis is unknown. It reduces symptoms of inflammation (e.g., pain, swelling, stiffness) caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
Neotrexate Tablets – Dosage
As Neotrexate (Generic Methotrexate) is used for different diseases and treatments, please consult your doctor before starting the treatment and clarify the recommended dosage.
Your doctor may tell you to take Methotrexate on a rotating schedule that alternates several days when you take Methotrexate with several days or weeks when you do not take the medication. Follow these directions carefully and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you do not know when to take your medication. The normal recommended oral adult dosage of Generic Methotrexate (Neotrexate Tablets) for Choriocarcinoma and similar trophoblastic diseases is 15 to 30 mg daily for a five day course.
If you are taking Neotrexate Tablets to treat psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis, your doctor may tell you to take the medication once a week. Pay close attention to your doctor's directions. Some people who mistakenly took Methotrexate once daily instead of once weekly experienced very severe side effects.
Take the missed dose of Neotrexate as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Storage Instructions For Neotrexate Tablets
Store Neotrexate Tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Neotrexate Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions When Using Neotrexate Tablets
- Methotrexate is a powerful medication capable of producing significant toxicity. It should be reserved for treating severe diseases in people who have already tried less toxic treatment alternatives.
- All patients taking Neotrexate Tablets (Generic Methotrexate) must be closely and regularly monitored. This may include various tests, such as blood tests to check liver and kidney function, chest x-rays, and even periodic liver biopsies. Frequent blood tests to check blood cell counts are also necessary.
- Low blood cell counts due to methotrexate can be quite dangerous. Depending on the type, such problems can increase the risk of dangerous infections or life-threatening bleeding.
- Methotrexate is passes through breast milk and could potentially cause serious problems in a nursing child. Therefore, if you are breastfeeding, check with your doctor before taking Neotrexate Tablets (Generic Methotrexate)!
Side Effects of Neotrexate Tablets
Neotrexate tablets may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe:
- swollen, tender gums
- decreased appetite
- reddened eyes
- hair loss
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms call your doctor immediately:
- blurred vision or sudden loss of vision
- weakness or difficulty moving one or both sides of the body
- loss of consciousness
Buy Cheap Neotrexate Tablets 2.5 mg Online at Low Cost
You can buy Neotrexate Tablets 2.5 mg online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in packs of 30, 60, 90, 180 and 360 tablets. The cost of a single 2.5 mg pill of Generic Methotrexate (Neotrexate) is 0.5 USD when you place an order for 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 10. October 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: