Methylprednisolone Tablets (Predmet Tablets) – Drug Information
Methylprednisolone the active ingredient present in Predmet Tablets is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Methylprednisolone is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, endocrine disorders, skin conditions, ophthalmic diseases, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, breathing disorders among others. Methylprednisolone Tablets are available in tablets of strengths of 4 mg, 8 mg and 16 mg.
Name of Drug
Methylprednisolone Tablets: We supply Predmet Tablets manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Manufacturer of Methylprednisolone Tablets
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Methylprednisolone (Predmet Tablets) is Methylprednisolone. Each Predmet Tablet for oral administration contains 4 mg, 8 mg or 16 mg of methylprednisolone.
Uses of Methylprednisolone (Predmet Tablets)
Like most adrenocortical steroids, Predmet Tablets (methylprednisolone) is typically used for its anti-inflammatory effects. However, glucocorticoids have a wide range of effects, including changes to metabolism and immune responses. The list of medical conditions for which Predmet ( Methylprednisolone) is prescribed is quite long, and is similar to other corticosteroids such as prednisolone. Common uses of Methylprednisolone include arthritis therapy and short-term treatment of bronchial inflammation or acute bronchitis due to various respiratory diseases. It is used both in the treatment of acute periods and long-term management of autoimmune diseases, most notably Systemic lupus erythematosus. This medication is also for use as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
Methylprednisolone Tabelets – Dosage
Since Methylprednisolone is prescribed to treat various ailments, please follow your doctor’s instructions. The initial dosage of Predmet Tablets (Methylprednisolone) may vary from 4 mg to 48 mg of methylprednisolone Tablets per day depending on the specific disease that is being treated.
Methylprednisolone Tabelets – Contraindications
Methylprednisolone (Predmet Tablets) in cases of systemic fungal infections or known hypersensitivity to methylprednisolone, or to any inactive ingredient present in Methylprednisolone tablets .
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose of in Methylprednisolone.
Storage Instructions For Methylprednisolone Tablets (Predmet Tablets)
Store Methylprednisolone Tablets at room temperature between 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Do not store Predmet Tablets in the bathroom or any other place that has exessive moisture. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Methylprednisolone Tabelets
Before using Predmet Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. There are many medicines that can interact with steroids such as Methylprednisolone (Predmet Tablets). Below is a partial list of these medicines:
- aspirin (taken on a daily basis or at high doses);
- a diuretic (water pill);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- insulin or oral diabetes medication;
- ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane); or
- seizure medications such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or phenobarbital (Solfoton).
Before you begin using Methylprednisolone Tablets, be sure to inform your doctor of any medical conditions or allergies you may have, any medications you are taking, whether you are pregnant or breast-feeding, and any other significant facts about your health. These factors may affect how you should use this medication.
Side Effects of Methylprednisolone
The less serious side effects that may occur during treatment with Methylprednisolone are:
- sleep problems (insomnia), mood changes;
- acne, dry skin, thinning skin, bruising or discoloration;
- slow wound healing;
- ncreased sweating;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- nausea, stomach pain, bloating; or
- changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).
Methylprednisolone might cause some serious side effects if taken long-term such as:
- pancreatitis (severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate);
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling); or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
- problems with your vision;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath;
- severe depression, unusual thoughts or behavior, seizure (convulsions);
- bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood;
Although most of these side effects listed above don't accrue very often, they could lead to serious problems if you do not check with your doctor or seek medical attention.
Buy Methylprednisolone (Predmet Tablets) 4 mg, 8 mg and 16 mg Online
You can buy Predmet Tablets ( Methylprednisolone) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in the strengths of 4, 8 and 16 mg. The cost of a 4 mg tablet is only $0.26 a pill when you place an order for 360 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 02. December 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: