Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules
8-21 working days.
Resteclin Capsules ( Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules) - Product Information
Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules) is used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria. Tetracyclines exert their antimicrobial effect by the inhibition of protein synthesis.
Name of Drug
Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules).
Manufacturer Of Resteclin Capsules
Abbott India Limited
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Resteclin Capsules
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Tablets is Tetracycline Hydrochloride.
Uses of Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules
Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules (Resteclin Capsules) is used in the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated bacteria in the conditions listed below:
- Upper respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Hemophilus influenzae.
- Lower respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae (Eaton agent, and Klebsiella sp.)
- Skin and soft tissue infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureaus. (Tetracyclines are not the drugs of choice in the treatment of any type of staphylococcal infections.)
- Infections caused by rickettsia including Rocky Mountain spotted fever, typhus group infections, Q fever, rickettsialpox.
- Psittacosis or ornithosis caused by Chlamydia Psittaci.
- Infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis such as uncomplicated urethral, endocervical or rectal infections, inclusion conjunctivitis, trachoma, and lymphogranuloma venereum.
- Granuloma inquinale caused by Calymmatobacterium granulomatis.
- Relapsing fever caused by Borrelia sp.
- Bartonellosis caused by Bartonella bacilliformis.
- Chancroid caused by Hemophilus ducreyi.
- Tularemia caused by Francisella tularensis.
- Plaque caused by Yersinia pestis.
- Cholera caused by Vibrio cholerae.
- Brucellosis caused by Brucella species
- Infections due to Campylobacter fetus.
- As adjunctive therapy in intestinal amebiasis caused by Entamoeba histolytica.
- Urinary tract infections caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, etc.
- Other infections caused by susceptible gram-negative organisms such as E. coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Shigella sp., Acinetobacter sp., Klebsiella sp., and Bacteroides sp.
- In severe acne, adjunctive therapy with tetracycline may be useful.
When penicillin is contraindicated, tetracyclines are alternative drugs in the treatment of the following infections:
- Syphilis and yaws caused by Treponema pallidum and pertenue, respectively
- Vincent's infection caused by Fusobacterium fusiforme
- Infections caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Anthrax caused by Bacillus anthracis
- Infections due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces species
- Infections due to Clostridium species
Tetracycline Capsules (Resteclin)- Dosage
The usual recommended daily dose of Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules) for adult patients is 1 gram as 500 mg twice (two times) a day or 250 mg 4 times a day. Higher doses such as 500 mg 4 times a day may be required for severe infections or for those infections which do not respond to the smaller doses.
Take the missed dose of Tetracycline Capsules (Resteclin) as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Storage Instructions for Resteclin Capsules
Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Capsules) should be kept at room temperature, 20-25°C (68-77°F) in a light-resistant, tight container. Keep away from children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules
Before using Tetracycline Capsules please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies.
If renal impairment exists, even usual oral or parenteral doses may lead to excessive systemic accumulation of the drug and possible liver toxicity. Under such conditions, lower than usual total doses are indicated, and, if therapy is prolonged, serum level determinations of the drug may be advisable.
As with other antibiotics, use of this drug may result in overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms, including fungi. If superinfection occurs, the antibiotic should be discontinued and appropriate therapy should be instituted. In venereal diseases, when coexistent syphilis is suspected, dark field examinations should be done before treatment is started and the blood serology repeated monthly for at least four months.
Since bacteriostatic drugs may interfere with the bactericidal action of penicillin, it is advisable to avoid giving tetracycline in conjunction with penicillin or other bactericidal antibiotics.
Side Effects of Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Capsules)
The side effects of Tetracycline Capsules are listed below
- Gastrointestinal: Anorexia, nausea, epigastric distress, vomiting, diarrhea, glossitis, black hairy tongue, dysphagia, enterocolitis, and inflammatory lesions (with monilial overgrowth) in the anogenital region.
- Teeth: Permanent discoloration of teeth may be caused during tooth development. Enamel hypoplasia has also been reported.
- Skin: Maculopapular and erythematous rashes. Exfoliative dermatitis has been reported but is not common. Onycholysis and discoloration of the nails have been rarely reported.
- Renal toxicity: Rise in Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) has been reported and is apparently dose related.
- Liver: Hepatotoxicity and liver failure have been observed in patients receiving large doses of tetracycline and in patients with renal impairment that have been treated with Tetracycline HCl (Resteclin Capsules).
- Hypersensitivity reactions: Urticaria, angioneurotic edema, anaphylaxis, anaphylactoid purpura, pericarditis, exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus, and serum sickness-like reactions, as fever, rash, and arthralgia.
- Blood: Hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, neutropenia and eosinophilia have been reported.
- Other: Bulging fontanels (soft spots of the skull) in infants and intracranial pressure in adults. When given over prolonged periods, tetracyclines have been reported to produce brown-black microscopic discoloration of thyroid glands. No abnormalities of thyroid function studies are known to occur.
Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline Hydrochloride Capsules) - Contraindications
Resteclin Capsules is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to Tetracycline Hydrochloride or any inactive ingredient of tablets. This medicine is also contraindicated in persons who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the tetracyclines.
Tetracycline Capsules (Resteclin Capsules) during Pregnancy and Lactation
If Resteclin Capsules (Tetracycline HCl Capsules) is used during pregnancy or if the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the patient should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus. Tetracycline drugs should not be used during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary.
Since there is a potential for serious adverse reaction in nursing infants from tetracyclines, a decision should be made whether to discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the medicine to the mother.
Tetracycline Capsules - Overdose
In case of Tetracycline overdosage, discontinue medication, treat symptomatically and institute supportive measures. Tetracycline HCl is not dialyzable.
Buy Tetracycline Capsules (Resteclin Capsules) 250 mg and 500 mg Online at Cheap Price
You can buy Tetracycline Capsules at a cheap price online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 250 mg and 500 mg. Resteclin 500 mg Capsules are priced at only $0.25 per unit, if you place an order for 360 pills whereas Resteclin 250 mg Capsules are priced at only $0.19 per unit if you order 360 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 03. October 2012.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: