8-21 working days.
Augmentin Tablets (Amoxycillin & Potassium Clavulanate) – Product Information
Augmentin is a combination medication containing two active ingredients, amoxycillin and potassium clavulanate is used for the short term treatment of common bacterial infections such as:
Upper Respiratory Tract Infections (including ENT): e.g. tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media;
Lower Respiratory Tract Infections: e.g. acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, lobar and broncho-pneumonia;
Genito-urinary Tract Infections:e.g. cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, female genital infections;
Skin and Soft Tissue Infections;
Bone and Joint Infections: e.g. osteomyelitis;
Other Infections: e.g. septic abortion, puerperal sepsis, intra-abdominal sepsis, septicaemia, peritonitis, post-Surgical infections
Augmentin Tablets are manufactured by GSK India and are available in the following strengths: Augmentin 375 mg (250 mg Amoxycillin & 125 mg Potassium Clavulanate) Augmentin 625 mg (500 mg Amoxycillin & 125 mg Potassium Clavulanate) and Augmentin 1000 mg (875 mg Amoxycillin & 125 mg Potassium Clavulanate)
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Augmentin Tablets (Combination of Amoxycillin & Potassium Clavulanate)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK India)
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredients contained in Augmentin tablets are Amoxycillin and Potassium Clavulanate. Each Augmentin tablet contains 250 mg, 500 mg or 875 mg amoxicillin as the trihydrate and 125 mg clavulanic acid as the potassium salt.
Uses Of Augmentin Tablets
Augmentin (Amoxycillin & Potassium Clavulanate tablets) are used for treating many infections caused by susceptible bacteria such as skin and skin structure infections, soft tissue infections, urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections, bone and joint infections and infections caused by the bacterial flora of the mouth, such as dental infections, infected animal bites.
Augmentin is an antibiotic belonging to a group of medicines called penicillins. It used for the short term treatment of infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria. Augmentin will not work against infections caused by viruses such as colds or the flu. These antibiotics work by killing the bacteria that are causing your infection.
Augmentin Tablets - Contraindications
Augmentin Tablets (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium) are contraindicated in patients with a history of allergic reactions to any penicillin. It is also contraindicated in patients with a previous history of cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction associated with Augmentin.
Augmentin Tablets – Dosage and Administration
Use Augmentin tablets as directed by your doctor.
The usual adult dose is one Augmentin tablet (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium tablet), 500 mg/125 mg every 12 hours or one amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet USP, 250 mg/125 mg every 8 hours. For more severe infections and infections of the respiratory tract, the dose should be one amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet USP, 875 mg/125 mg every 12 hours or one amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet USP, 500 mg/125 mg every 8 hours.
Take the missed dose of Augmentin as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Augmentin Tablets
Augmentin Tablets should be stored below 25°C and protected from moisture. Keep out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Augmentin Tablets
Before using Augmentin tablets (a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium) please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Below are mentioned the precautions to be taken before initiating therapy with Augmentin tablets:
- Serious and occasionally fatal hypersensitivity (anaphylactoid) reactions have been reported in patients on penicillin therapy. There have been reports of individuals with a history of penicillin hypersensitivity who have experienced severe reactions when treated with cephalosporins. Before initiating therapy with any penicillin, careful inquiry should be made concerning previous hypersensitivity reactions to penicillins, cephalosporins, or other allergens.
- If an allergic reaction occurs, Augmentin tablets should be discontinued and the appropriate therapy instituted.
- Antibiotic associated pseudomembranous colitis has been reported with many antibiotics including amoxycillin. A toxin produced with Clostridium difficile appears to be the primary cause. In moderate to severe cases appropriate therapy with a suitable oral antibiotic agent effective against Clostridium difficile should be considered.
- Periodic assessment of organ system functions, including renal, hepatic and hematopoietic function is advisable during prolonged therapy.
- Since Augmentin contains amoxycillin, an aminopenicillin, it is not the treatment of choice in patients presenting with sore throat or pharyngitis because of the possibility that the underlying cause is infectious mononucleosis.
- The possibility of superinfections with mycotic or bacterial pathogens should be kept in mind during therapy. If superinfections occur the drug should be discontinued and/or appropriate therapy instituted.
- Cholestatic hepatitis, which may be severe but is usually reversible has been reported. Signs and symptoms may not become apparent until several weeks after treatment has ceased. In most cases resolution has occurred with time.
Side Effects of Augmentin Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common possible side effects persist or become bothersome:
- oral thrush-white, furry, sore tongue and mouth
- vaginal thrush-sore anditchy vagina and/or discharge
- diarrhoea, nausea,vomiting or indigestion
Inform your doctor immediately and seek medical attention right away if if you notice any of the following:
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, feeling generally unwell, fever, itching, yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), and dark coloured urine. This may be a sign of liver disease. It may occur while taking Augmentin or even a few weeks after stopping Augmentin tablets.
- Symptoms such as fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers which can be a sign of lack of white blood cells
- Rash even if it starts a few days or more after starting Augmentin
- Itchy or burning skin even if it starts a few days or more after starting Augmentin
You may need urgent medical attention. Serious side effects of Augmentin tablets (a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium) are rare.
Buy Augmentin Tablets 375 mg , 625 mg & 1000 mg Online
You can buy Augmentin tablets 375 mg (250 mg Amoxicillin /125 mg Clavulanate potassium), 625 mg (500 mg Amoxicillin /125 mg Clavulanate potassium) & 1000 mg (875 mg Amoxicillin /125 mg Clavulanate potassium) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Augmentin Tablets are manufactured by GSK. The 375 mg pills are priced at only $4.16 per unit when you place an order for 120 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 23. June 2013.