Seroflo Inhaler - Product Information
Seroflo inhalers are a combination product containing a corticosteroid and a Long-acting beta 2-adrenergic agonists (LABA), indicated for treatment of asthma in patients aged 12 years and older.
They are also used in the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and available as
Seroflo 50 inhaler (Salmeterol Xinafoate 25 mcg and Fluticasone Propionate BP 50 mcg),
Seroflo 125 inhaler(Salmeterol Xinafoate 25 mcg and Fluticasone Propionate BP 125 mcg),
Seroflo 250 inhaler (Salmeterol Xinafoate 25 mcg and Fluticasone Propionate BP 250 mcg), Seroflo inhalers contain Salmeterol Xinafoate 25 mcg (fixed),
and the quantity of Fluticasone Propionate is 50 mcg, 125, or 250 mcg.
Seroflo inhalers contain 120 metered doses.
Name of Drug
Seroflo Inhaler (Generic Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol inhaler).
Manufacturer of Seroflo Inhaler
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in Seroflo Inhaler
The active pharmaceutical ingredients present in Seroflo inhaler are Fluticasone propionate and Salmeterol.
Seroflo Inhaler - Dosage
Seroflo inhaler (Generic Fluticasone propionate and Salmeterol inhaler) delivers a combination of fluticasone propionate (50, 125, or 250 mcg) and salmeterol (25 mcg) from mouthpiece per actuation. Seroflo inhaler contains 120 metered doses. The dosage for the various indications is given below: Asthma Adults and Adolescents (12 years and older)
Seroflo 50 Inhaler: Two inhalations twice daily
Seroflo 125 Inhaler: Two inhalations twice daily Children (4 years and older)
Seroflo 50 inhaler: Two inhalations twice daily
Not recommended for children below 4 years of age. COPD
Seroflo 125 inhaler: Two inhalations twice daily
Drug Class and Mechanism
Fluticasone propionate is a synthetic, trifluorinated corticosteroid with potent anti-inflammatory activity. The precise mechanisms of fluticasone propionate action in asthma are unknown. Inflammation is an important component in the pathogenesis of asthma. Corticosteroids have been shown to inhibit multiple cell types (e.g., mast cells, eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes, macrophages, and neutrophils) and mediator production or secretion (e.g., histamine, eicosanoids, leukotrienes, and cytokines) involved in the asthmatic response. These anti-inflammatory actions of corticosteroids contribute to their efficacy in asthma.
Salmeterol is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist. In vitro tests show that salmeterol is a potent and long-lasting inhibitor of the release of mast cell mediators, such as histamine, leukotrienes, and prostaglandin D2, from human lungs. In humans, single doses of salmeterol administered via inhalation aerosol attenuate allergen-induced bronchial hyper-responsiveness. Salmeterol has been studied in the treatment of conditions associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and has been shown to improve symptoms, pulmonary function, and quality of life.
Missed Dose Instructions
Take the missed dose of Seroflo inhaler as soon as you remember. In case it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Seroflo Inhaler
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Avoid spraying in eyes. As the contents are under pressure, do not puncture. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Exposure to temperatures above 120°F may cause bursting. Never throw container into fire or incinerator.
Seroflo inhaler should be kept at room temperature, 25°C (77°F). Excursions permitted to 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Warnings and Precautions when using Seroflo Inhaler
Before using Seroflo inhaler (Generic Fluticasone propionate and Salmeterol inhaler) please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other warnings and precautions are:
- LABAs increase the risk of Asthma-related death. Therefore Seroflo inhaler have to be prescribed only for recommended patient populations.
- Treatment with Seroflo inhaler should not be initiated in acutely deteriorating asthma or to treat acute symptoms.
- Do not use in combination with additional LABA because of risk of overdose.
- Possibility of localized infections. Candida albicans infection of the mouth and throat may occur. Monitor patients periodically for signs of adverse effects on the oral cavity. Advise patients to rinse the mouth following inhalation.
- Increased risk of Pneumonia in patients with COPD. Monitor patients for signs and symptoms of pneumonia.
- Potential worsening of infections (e.g., existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection; ocular herpes simplex). Use with caution in patients with these infections. More serious or even fatal course of chickenpox or measles can occur in susceptible patients.
- Risk of impaired adrenal function when transferring from oral steroids. Taper patients slowly from systemic corticosteroids if transferring to Seroflo inhaler .
- Hypercorticism and adrenal suppression may occur with very high dosages or at the regular dosage in susceptible individuals. If such changes occur, discontinue Seroflo Inhaler slowly.
- Use of strong cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors (e.g., ritonavir) not recommended with Seroflo Inhaler: and Seroflo Multihaler because of the risk of increased systemic corticosteroid and cardiovascular effects.
- Discontinue Seroflo Inhaler and institute alternative therapy if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs.
- Use with caution in patients with cardiovascular or central nervous system disorders because of beta-adrenergic stimulation.
- Assess bone mineral density initially and periodically thereafter.
- Monitor growth of pediatric patients.
- Close monitoring is warranted for Glaucoma and cataracts.
- Be alert to eosinophilic conditions, hypokalemia, and hyperglycemia.
- Use with caution in patients with convulsive disorders, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus, and ketoacidosis.
Side Effects of Seroflo Inhaler
The most common possible side effects with an incidence rate of 3% or more are upper respiratory tract infection or inflammation, throat irritation, dysphonia, headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting.
Seroflo Inhaler and Seroflo Multihaler - Contraindications
Seroflo inhaler and Seroflo multihaler are contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to Fluticasone propionate or Salmeterol or any inactive ingredient present in Seroflo inhaler and Seroflo multihaler. They are also contraindicated for use as primary treatment of status asthmaticus or acute episodes of asthma requiring intensive measures.
Buy Seroflo Inhaler and Seroflo Multihaler Online at Cheap Price
You can buy Seroflo inhaler and Seroflo multihaler at a cheap price online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in . The Seroflo inhalers (Fluticasone 50mcg & salmeterol 25mcg) are priced at only $26.90 per unit, if you place an order for 10 inhalers whereas the Seroflo multihalers (Fluticasone 500mcg & salmeterol 50mcg) are available for $32.42 per unit, if you place an order for 12 inhalers.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 19. August 2013.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: