Micronized Progesterone Capsules
8-21 working days.
Micronized Progesterone Capsules (Endogest Soft Gelatin Capsules) – Product Information
Micronized Progesterone Capsules Capsules are indicated for use in the prevention of endometrial hyperplasia in nonhysterectomized postmenopausal women who are receiving conjugated estrogens tablets. They are also indicated for use in secondary amenorrhea. This medicine may also be used to maintain pregnancy.
Endogest Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules are available in strengths of 100 mg and 200 mg. Endogest is for oral, vaginal, and rectal use.
Name of Drug
Endogest capsules . This medicine is also known as Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules and Micronised Progesterone capsules.
Manufacturer of Endogest Soft Gelatin Capsules
Manufactured by Softesule Pvt. Ltd., India
Marketed by Cipla Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Endogest soft gelatin capsules is Micronized Progesterone
Micronized Progesterone Capsules (Endogest) – Dosage
Hormone Replacement Therapy:
In general, the dosage of Endogest (Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules) is 200 mg daily for the last 14 days of estrogen treatment per cycle (i.e. from day 8 to day 21 for a 28-day cycle, and from day 12 to day 25 for a 30-day cycle). Estrogens should be administered daily at the lowest effective dose. Patients being treated with high dosages of estrogen (equivalent to 1.25 mg conjugated estrogens or higher) should be administered 300 mg daily for the last 12-14 days of estrogen treatment.
The dosage of Endogest should be proportional to the dosage of estrogen. With adequate adjustment of the dosage of Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules, patients should experience either regular withdrawal uterine bleeding or cessation of bleeding (amenorrhea).
What to do in Case You Miss a Dose of Micronized Progesterone Soft Gelatin Capsules
If a patient is treated with Micronized Progesterone capsules 200 mg daily (total dose at bedtime) and she forgets to take this dose, she should take an extra dose of one capsule (100 mg) the following morning and continue taking the rest of the capsules as prescribed. If a patient is treated with 300 mg daily, and she forgets to take a morning or evening dose, she should not take the missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Micronized Progesterone Capsules (Endogest)
Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules (Endogest) should be stored at controlled room temperature 15°C to 30°C . Protect from light. Keep in a safe place out of the reach of children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Micronized Progesterone Capsules (Endogest 100 mg and 200 mg)
Before using Micronized Progesterone Capsules please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other precautions to be taken when using Endogest Soft Gelatin Capsules are:
- Endogest Soft Gelatin capsules are not a treatment for premature labour. Prescription of progesterone beyond the first trimester of pregnancy may reveal gravidic cholestatis
- If unexplained, sudden or gradual, partial or complete loss of vision, proptosis or diplopia, papilloedema, retinal vascular lesions or migraine occur during therapy, Micronized Progesterone Capsules should be discontinued and appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic measures instituted
- Endogest 100mg or 200 mg capsules are intended to be co-prescribed with an oestrogen product as HRT. There is suggestive evidence of a small increased risk of breast cancer with oestrogen replacement therapy. Prior to taking hormone replacement therapy (and at regular intervals thereafter) each woman should be assessed.
- Endogest soft gelatin capsules should not be taken with food and should be taken at bedtime. Concomitant food ingestion increases the bioavailability of 100mg capsules.
- Endogest soft gelatin capsules should be used cautiously in patients with conditions that might be aggravated by fluid retention (e.g. hypertension, cardiac disease, renal disease, epilepsy, migraine, asthma); in patients with a history of depression, diabetes, mild to moderate hepatic dysfunction, migraine or photosensitivity and in breast-feeding mothers
Side Effects of Micronized Progesterone Capsules
The possible side effects of Micronized Progesterone (Endogest soft gelatin capsules ) are headache, breast tenderness, depression, dizziness, abdominal bloating, hot flashes, urinary problems, abdominal pain, vaginal discharge, nausea / vomiting, worry, chest pain, diarrhea, night sweats, acne, urticaria, rashes, fluid retention, weight changes, changes in libido, breast pain, swelling of hands and feet, vaginal dryness, constipation, breast discomfort, premenstrual symptoms, menstrual disturbances; also chloasma,depression, pyrexia, insomnia, alopecia, hirsutism and rarely jaundice.
Micronized Progesterone Soft Gelatin Capsules - Contraindications
Micronized Progesterone soft gelatin capsules (Endogest 100 mg and 200 mg) should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Micronized Progesterone capsules should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Progesterone or any of its inactive ingredients.
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer.
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and myocardial infarction), or a history of these conditions.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease
Buy Endogest 100 mg and 200 mg (Micronized Progesterone Capsules) Online
You can buy Micronized Progesterone Capsules online at a Cheap rate from the Swiss Pharmacy. Endogest capsules are available in pills of 100 mg and 200 mg. Endogest 100 mg capsules are priced at only $0.83 per unit if you place an order for 360 capsules whereas Endogest 200 mg capsules are available for only $1.53 per unit if you place an order for 360 360 capsules.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 14. October 2013.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: