8-21 working days.
Anastrozole Tablets (Armotraz) – Product Information
Anastrozole tablets (Armotraz) is used along with other treatments, such as surgery or radiation, to treat hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer in women after they have undergone menopause. It is also used as a first-line treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive or hormone receptor unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer and for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women with disease progression following Tamoxifen therapy.
Recent research done by researchers at Queen Mary University of London's Centre for Cancer Prevention has shown that taking Anastrozole daily for five years by women at high risk of breast cancer cuts the risk of the disease by 53 per cent. Compared to Tamoxifen
, it is more effective and has fewer side effects. Anastrozole tablets are available in strength of 1 mg.
Anastrozole has also been tested for reducing estrogens, including estradiol, in men. Excess estradiol in men can cause benign prostatic hyperplasia, gynecomastia, and symptoms of hypogonadism. It can also contribute to increased risk of stroke, heart attack, chronic inflammation, prostate enlargement and prostate cancer.
We also supply Letrozole tablets
and Nolvadex tablets
which are medications that are used to treat the same indication.
Name of Drug
Armotraz 1mg tablets. Armotraz tablets are also known as Generic Anastrozole 1 mg tablets
Manufacturer of Armotraz Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Armotraz 1mg tablets is Anastrozole.
Uses of Anastrozole Tablets
Anastrozole tablets is used to treat breast cancer in women after the change of life (menopause). Armotraz does not kill cancer cells, but it stops or slows their growth. Anastrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor, which reduces the amount of oestrogen (female sex hormone) made by the body. In certain types of breast cancer, oestrogen can help the cancer cells grow. By blocking oestrogen, Armotraz may slow or stop the growth of the cancer.
Anastrozole Tablets (Armotraz) – Dosage
The recommended adult dosage of Anastrozole tablets is one 1 mg tablet taken once daily. You can take Armotraz before or after food.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Generic Anastrozole 1 mg (Armotraz) is a potent and highly selective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor. Anastrozole 1 mg selectively inhibits the conversion of androgens to estrogens, without affecting synthesis of adrenal corticosteroid, aldosterone or thyroid hormone.
In post-menopausal women, ovarian secretion of estrogen declines, and conversion of adrenal androgens into estrone and estradiol in peripheral tissues, catalysed by the aromatase enzyme (estrogen synthase) is the principal source of estrogens. Anastrozole selectively inhibits the conversion of androgens to estrogens. Suppression of estrogen biosynthesis in all tissues reduces serum concentrations of circulating estrogens, including estrone, estradiol, and estrone sulphate with a subsequent beneficial effect in breast cancer.
What to do in Case You Miss a Dose of Anastrozole
In case you miss a dose of Anastrozole 1 mg tablets, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. In case, it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Anastrozole Tablets
Keep Anastrozole tablets in a cool, dry place. Store below 30°C. Protect from heat and moisture. Keep Anastrozole tablets in a safe place where children cannot see or reach them.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Anastrozole Tablets
Before using Anastrozole Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other precautions to be taken when using Anastrozole 1 mg tablets are:
- Anastrozole tablets (Armotraz 1 mg) is not recommended for use in children or in pre-menopausal women as safety and efficacy have not been established in these groups of patients.
- Anastrozole tablets has not been investigated in patients with severe hepatic or severe renal impairment. The potential risk to benefit ratio to such patients should be carefully considered before administration of Armotraz.
- Since Anastrozole lowers circulating oestrogen levels it may cause a reduction in bone mineral density with a possible consequent increased risk of fracture.
- Asthenia and somnolence have been reported with the use of Anastrozole and caution should be observed when driving or operating machinery while such symptoms persist.
- In women with pre-existing ischemic heart disease, an increased incidence of ischemic cardiovascular events occurred with use of Anastrozole 1 mg tablets compared to tamoxifen use.
- An increases in total amount of cholesterol may occur. Cholesterol monitoring is recommended.
- Simultaneous use of Tamoxifen and/or other treatment with medications containing estrogens should not be used with Anastrozole, as it's pharmacological actions may be reduced.
Side Effects of Anastrozole Tablets
The common possible side effects of Anastrozole tablets (Armotraz 1 mg) which are mainly mild or moderate in nature are given below:
- Hot flushes
- Arthralgia/Joint stiffness
- Gastrointestinal upsets including nausea and diarrhoea
- Loss of hair
- Vaginal dryness
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Increases in alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase
Anastrozole Tablets - Contraindications
Anastrozole is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to anastrozole or any of the inactive ingredients included in the tablets.
- Women of premenopausal endocrine status, including pregnant or lactating women.
Buy Anastrozole Tablets Online
You can buy Anastrozole tablets online at a cheap rate from the Swiss Pharmacy. Generic Anastrozole (Armotraz) is available in pills of 1 mg . Armotraz pills are priced at only $2.33 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 13. November 2013.