Proscalpin (Generic Finasteride 1mg Tablets) – Product Information
Proscalpin (Generic Finasteride 1mg Tablets) is used to treat male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) at the crown and in the middle of the scalp in adult men. Proscalpin works by decreasing the amount of a natural body hormone (DHT). Decreasing the amount of DHT leads to increased hair regrowth and slower hair loss. Hair growth on other parts of the body is not affected by Finasteride 1 mg tablets.
Proscalpin tablets are manufactured by Fortune Health Care, India in the strengths of 1 mg. You can buy Proscalpin (Generic Finasteride 1 mg tablets) online from the Swiss pharmacy at a very cheap price. (priced at only $0.28 per tablet).
We also stock Minoxidil Foam 2%, 5% & 10% (Tugain Foam)
is used to treat patients with pattern baldness who have gradual hair loss on top of their head. It is not intended for frontal baldness or a receding hairline.
Name of Drug
Proscalpin. Proscalpin is also known as Finpecia, Finasteride Hair Growth Pill, Finast, Finalo, Finax
Manufacturer of Proscalpin 1 mg Tablets (Generic Finasteride Tablets)
Fortune Health Care
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Proscalpin tablets is Finasteride. Each film coated tablet of Proscalpin contains 1 mg of Finasteride.
Mechanism of Action
In men with male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), the balding scalp contains miniaturized hair follicles and increased amounts of DHT compared with hairy scalp. Administration of Finasteride decreases scalp and serum DHT concentrations in these men. By this mechanism, Finasteride interrupts a key factor in the development of androgenetic alopecia in those patients genetically predisposed.
What Is Male Pattern Hair Loss?
Male pattern hair loss is a common condition in which men experience thinning of the hair on the scalp, often resulting in a receding hairline and/or balding on the top of the head. This medical condition is presumed to be caused by a combination of genetic factors and a particular hormone, DHT (dihydrotestosterone). DHT causes a decrease in the growth phase and thinning of the hair. This leads to male pattern hair loss.
Uses of Proscalpin (Generic Finasteride 1mg Tablets)
Proscalpin 1 mg Tablets contain Finasteride. Finasteride belongs to the group of medicines called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. Your doctor has prescribed Proscalpin tablets because you have male pattern hair loss (also known as androgenetic alopecia). Finasteride 1mg Tablets prevent further hair loss in men. Men with mild to moderate, but not complete hair loss, can benefit from using Finasteride 1 mg Tablets.
Finasteride 1 mg Tablets block an important enzyme (Type II 5alpha-reductase), which is involved in the regulation of the hair follicle.In the scalp, Finasteride 1 mg Tablets specifically lower the levels of DHT, a major cause of male pattern hair loss. In this way, Finasteride 1 mg Tablets help to reverse the balding process and prevent further hair loss.
Proscalpin – Dosage
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Proscalpin tablets are for oral use only.
The recommended Proscalpin dosage is one 1 mg tablet daily. Proscalpin 1 mg may be taken with or without food. The tablet should be swallowed whole and must not be divided or crushed.
There is no evidence that an increase in dosage will result in increased efficacy. Finasteride 1 mg Tablets will not work faster or better if you take them more than once a day.
Efficacy and duration of treatment should continuously be assessed by the treating physician. It is important to continue taking Finasteride 1 mg Tablets for as long as your doctor prescribes them. Generally, three to six months of once daily treatment are required before evidence of stabilization of hair loss can be expected. Continuous use is recommended to sustain benefit. If treatment is stopped, the beneficial effects begin to reverse by six months and return to baseline by 9 to 12 months.
Missed Dosage Instructions for Proscalpin Tablets
If you miss a dose of Proscalpin and you are using it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Proscalpin Tablets Contraindications
Proscalpin tablets are contraindicated in persons with a hypersensitivity (allergy) to Finasteride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. Finasteride should not be used in children / adolescents.
Proscalpin tablets are contraindicated in women and children. This medicine should not be taken by men who are taking Finasteride 5 mg Tablets or any other 5alpha-reductase inhibitor for benign prostatic hyperplasia or any other condition.
Storage Instructions for Proscalpin Tablets
Store Proscalpin in the original container at room temperature 15°C - 30°C (59°F - 86°F). Keep container closed and protect from moisture. Keep lid tightly closed. Do not store in a bathroom. Protect from light and keep away from sunlight. Keep in a safe place. Keep Proscalpin and all other drugs out of reach of children and pets.
Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Proscalpin (Generic Finasteride 1mg Tablets)
Before using Proscalpin tablets (Generic Finasteride 1mg) please inform your doctor about all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies.
- Women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not use Proscalpin. They should also not handle crushed or broken tablets of Proscalpin. If the active ingredient in Proscalpin is absorbed after oral use or through the skin by a woman who is pregnant with a male baby, it may cause the male baby to be born with abnormalities of the sex organs.
- Proscalpin causes a decrease in serum PSA levels. In clinical studies with Proscalpin (Finasteride, 1 mg) in men 18-41 years of age, the mean value of serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) decreased from 0.7 ng/mL at baseline to 0.5 ng/mL at Month 12. Further, in clinical studies with Finasteride 5 mg tablets when used in older men who have benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), PSA levels are decreased by approximately 50%. Other studies with Finasteride 5 mg tablets showed it may also cause decreases in serum PSA in the presence of prostate cancer. These findings should be taken into account for proper interpretation of serum PSA when evaluating men treated with Finasteride. Any confirmed increase from the lowest PSA value while on Finasteride 5 mg tablets may signal the presence of prostate cancer and should be evaluated, even if PSA levels are still within the normal range for men not taking a 5alpha-reductase inhibitor.
- Increased Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer with 5alpha-Reductase Inhibitors: Men aged 55 and over with a normal digital rectal examination and PSA 3.0 ng/mL or less at baseline taking Finasteride 5 mg/day (5 times the dose of Proscalpin or Finasteride 1mg tablets) in the 7-year Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT) had an increased risk of Gleason score 8-10 prostate cancer (Finasteride 1.8% vs placebo 1.1%).
- Proscalpin is not indicated for use in women or pediatric patients.
Driving And Using Machines
There is no information to suggest that Generic Finasteride 1 mg tablets (Proscalpin tablets) affect the ability to drive and use machines.
Side Effects of Proscalpin (Finasteride 1mg) Tablets
The most common Finasteride 1 mg Tablets (Proscalpin) side effects, reported in 1% or more of patients treated with this medicine and greater than in patients treated with placebo are: decreased libido, erectile dysfunction and ejaculation disorder.
The following side effects have been identified during post-approval use of Finasteride. Because these reactions are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or establish a causal relationship to drug exposure:
- Hypersensitivity Reaction: Hypersensitivity reactions, including rash, pruritus, urticaria, and angioedema (including swelling of the lips, tongue, throat and face).
- Reproductive System: Sexual dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment, including erectile dysfunction, libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders; male infertility and/or poor seminal quality (normalization or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride); testicular pain.
- Neoplasms: Male breast cancer.
- Breast Disorders: Breast tenderness and enlargement.
- Nervous System/Psychiatric: Depression, Anxiety
- Cardiac disorder: Palpitation
- Hepatobiliary disorders: Increased hepatic enzymes.
Proscalpin (Finasteride 1mg) Tablets – Drug Interactions
The drug Interactions of are given below: Cytochrome P450-Linked Drug Metabolizing Enzyme System:
No drug interactions of clinical importance have been identified. Finasteride does not appear to affect the cytochrome P450-linked drug-metabolizing enzyme system. Compounds that have been tested in man include Antipyrine, Digoxin, Propranolol, Theophylline, and Warfarin and no clinically meaningful interactions were found. Other Concomitant Therapy:
Although specific interaction studies were not performed, Finasteride doses of 1 mg or more were concomitantly used in clinical studies with acetaminophen, acetylsalicylic acid, a-blockers, analgesics, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, anticonvulsants, benzodiazepines, beta blockers, calcium-channel blockers, cardiac nitrates, diuretics, H2 antagonists, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, prostaglandin synthetase inhibitors (also referred to as NSAIDs), and quinolone anti-infectives without evidence of clinically significant adverse interactions.
Finasteride 1mg (Proscalpin Tablets) Overdosage
In clinical studies, single doses of Finasteride (Proscalpin tablets) up to 400 mg and multiple doses of finasteride up to 80 mg/day for three months did not result in adverse reactions. Until further experience is obtained, no specific treatment for an overdose with finasteride can be recommended.
Significant lethality was observed in male and female mice at single oral doses of 1500 mg/m2(500 mg/kg) and in female and male rats at single oral doses of 2360 mg/m2 (400 mg/kg) and 5900 mg/m2(1000 mg/kg), respectively.
Finasteride 1mg (Proscalpin Tablets) During Pregnancy
Finasteride 1mg (Proscalpin Tablets) is classified by the US FDA as Pregnancy Category X. Finasteride use is contraindicated in women when they are or may potentially be pregnant. Because of the ability of Type II 5alpha-reductase inhibitors to inhibit the conversion of testosterone to 5a-dihydrotestosterone (DHT), Finasteride may cause abnormalities of the external genitalia of a male fetus of a pregnant woman who receives Finasteride. If this drug is used during pregnancy, or if pregnancy occurs while taking this drug, the pregnant woman should be apprised of the potential hazard to the male fetus.
If a pregnant woman comes in contact with crushed or broken Proscalpin tablets, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
When the patient’s sexual partner is or may become pregnant, the patient should either avoid exposure of his partner to semen (e.g. by use of a condom) or discontinue treatment with Finasteride.
Buy Proscalpin Tablets (Generic Finasteride 1 mg) Online For Only $0.28
You can buy Generic Finasteride 1 mg tablets online at a cheap rate from the Swiss Pharmacy. Proscalpin tablets are manufactured by Fortune Health Care, India in the strengths of 1 mg. Proscalpin pills are priced at only $0.28 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Tuesday, 07. April 2020.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: