10-28 working days.
Betaloc is not manufactured anymore, we recommend Metolar tablets from Cipla Ltd. please click here for more information.
Betaloc Tablets – Product Information
Betaloc medication (Metoprolol) is used for treating high blood pressure, chest pain. Betaloc belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.It works by affecting the body's response to some nerve impulses, especially in the heart. Beta-blockers are used for a number of cardiovascular indications including the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, as secondary prevention post myocardial infarction and in heart failure.
Name of Drug
Betaloc is also known as Toprol XL, Lopressor, Metoprolol Succinate, Prolomet or Metoprolol Tartrate.
Manufacturer of Betaloc Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Generic Betaloc Tablets is Metoprolol.
What is Betaloc Used For
BETALOC tablets are used
- To Lower high blood pressure alone or with other medicines;(Also referred to as hypertension)
- For long-term treatment of chest pain
- To prevent angina
- To treat or prevent heart attacks
- To reduce the risk of death because of heart problems in patients who have had a heart attack
- To prevent migraine headaches
It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Generic Betaloc Tablets – Dosage
For high blood pressure:
The usual starting dose for Betaloc Tabletsis one 50mg or 100mg tablet once a day for one week. The dose is then usually increased to 50mg or 100mg once or twice daily. Follow your doctor's instructions carefully. For Angina Pectoris:
The usual dose of Betaloc tablets for Angina Pectoris treatment is 50mg or 100mg taken two or three times a day. After myocardial infarction:
The usual dose is 100mg taken twice a day, often starting with a lower dose for 2 days. For migraine prevention:
The usual dose is 50mg to 75mg taken twice a day (100-150mg a day).
Do not stop taking Betaloc tablets suddenly.
The dose of Betaloc needs to be reduced gradually over a 7 to 14 day period to make sure that your condition does not get worse. Use Betaloc tablets as directed by your doctor.
- Take Betaloc medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Take this medication with a full glass of water.
- To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood pressure will need to be checked on a regular basis. It is important that you not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Betaloc.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Betaloc medication is a beta-adrenergic blocking agent. It works by reducing the amount of work the heart has to do (reduces chest pain) and the amount of blood the heart pumps out (lowers high blood pressure). It is also used to stabilize the heart rhythm in conditions in which the heart is beating too fast or at an irregular rhythm.
If you miss a dose of Betaloc, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Betaloc Tablets
Store Betaloc tablets at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Betaloc out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Betaloc Tablets
Do not use Betaloc if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Betaloc;
- you have a very slow heart rate condition (eg, bradycardia, AV block); heart failure controlled by diuretics (eg, furosemide) and digoxin; or very low systolic blood pressure (less than 100 mm Hg);
- you are taking Mibefradil.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important Information For Users of Betaloc Tablets:
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Patients being treated for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal" Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- If you have angina (chest pain) or have had other heart problems, do not suddenly stop taking Betaloc without first consulting your doctor. If your doctor decides you should no longer use Betaloc, you will need to stop Betaloc gradually according to your doctor's instructions.
- If your doctor has instructed you to check your blood pressure and heart rate regularly, be sure to do so.
- Do not take any medicines used to treat colds or congestion without first consulting with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Diabetes patients - Betaloc may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Betaloc before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Lab tests, including liver and kidney function, blood pressure, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Betaloc. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Betaloc with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Betaloc while you are pregnant. Betaloc is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Betaloc, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible Side Effects of Betaloc Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- blurred vision; cold hands and feet; confusion; constipation; depression; diarrhea; dizziness; dry mouth/eyes; gas; hair loss; headache; heartburn; itching; lightheadedness; mild drowsiness; muscle aches; nausea; nightmares; ringing in the ears; short-term memory loss; sleeplessness; stomach pain; unusual tiredness or weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; fainting; pounding in the chest; swelling of the arms, hands, and feet; wheezing; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Betaloc Tablets 50 mg and 100 mg Online
You can buy Betaloc Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 50 mg and 100 mg. The 50 mg pills are priced at only $0.35 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets whereas the 100 mg pills are priced at $0.49 per unit for an order of 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 26. September 2010.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: