10-28 working days.
Suminat Tablets (Generic Sumatriptan Succinate) – Product Information
Suminat (Sumatriptan) is an antimigraine medicine. Suminat Tablets are used for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura in adults.
Name of Drug
Suminat is also referred to as:
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Suminat Pills is Sumatriptan Succinate.
Suminat pills are used to treat migraine headaches. Suminat will only treat a headache that has already begun. It will not prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks.
It is believed to work by narrowing the blood vessels around the brain. It also reduces substances in the body that can trigger headache pain, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and other migraine symptoms.
Suminat Tablets – Dosage
Use this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger or smaller amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Take one Suminat tablet whole with a full glass of water. Do not split the tablet.
In case of adults single doses of 25, 50, or 100 mg of Suminat Tablets were effective for the acute treatment of migraine. After taking a tablet: If your headache does not completely go away, or goes away and comes back, take a second tablet two (2) hours after the first. Do not take more than 200 mg of Suminat oral tablets in 24 hours. If your symptoms have not improved, contact your doctor before taking any more tablets.
Overuse of migraine headache medicine can actually make your headaches worse. Follow the instructions on your prescription label.
Contact your doctor if you have more than four headaches in one month (30 days).
Drug Class and Mechanism
Suminat is an antimigraine medicine. Migraine headaches are believed to result from dilatation of the blood vessels in the head. Suminat causes constriction of the blood vessels, thus relieving migraine headache. While it is very effective in relieving migraine, it does not prevent or reduce the number of attacks of migraine.
Since Suminat is used as needed, it does not have a daily dosing schedule. Call your doctor promptly if your symptoms do not improve after using Suminat.
After taking a Suminat tablet, you must wait two (2) hours before taking a second tablet. Do not take more than 200 mg of Suminat tablets in 24 hours.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine, or if anyone else has accidentally swallowed it.
Overdose symptoms may include tremors or shaking, skin redness, breathing problems, blue-colored lips or fingernails, vision problems, watery eyes or mouth, weakness, lack of coordination, or seizure (convulsions).
Storage Instructions for Suminat Tablets
Store Suminat pills at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep your medicine away from the reach of children.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Suminat Pills
You should NOT use Suminat if you are allergic to sumatriptan or if you have:
- ischemic bowel disease
- severe liver disease
- severe high blood pressure
- a history of heart disease; Angina, circulation problems, heart attack, or stroke.
Suminat can cause serious side effects of the heart, including heart attack or stroke. Suminat should not be given to patients with documented ischemic or vasospastic coronary artery disease (CAD). It is strongly recommended that Suminat not be given to patients in whom unrecognized CAD is predicted by the presence of risk factors that include one or more of the following: hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, smoker, obesity, diabetes, strong family history of CAD, female with surgical or physiological menopause, male over 40 years of age. Although these side effects are rare, do not use this medication if you have:
- a history of heart disease; angina (chest pain), blood circulation problems, ischemic bowel disease, severe or uncontrolled high blood pressure, or history of a heart attack or stroke.
Before using Suminat, tell your doctor if you have:
- a seizure disorder
- high blood pressure
- kidney or liver disease
- coronary artery disease or risk factors for coronary artery disease (such as diabetes, menopause, smoking, being overweight, having high blood pressure or high cholesterol, having a family history of coronary artery disease, being older than 40 and a man, or being a woman who has had a hysterectomy).
Do not use Suminat within 24 hours before or after using:
- almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), rizatriptan (Maxalt), naratriptan (Amerge), zolmitriptan (Zomig), or ergot medicine such as methysergide (Sansert), ergotamine (Ergomar, Ergostat, Cafergot, Ercaf, Wigraine), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal Nasal Spray), ergonovine (Ergotrate), or methylergonovine (Methergine).
Do not use this medicine if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as:
- isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or phenelzine (Nardil) in the past 14 days.
Before using Suminat, tell your doctor if you are also taking an antidepressant such as:
- citalopram (Celexa), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor).
Suminat will only treat a headache that has already begun. It will not prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks.
After taking a Suminat tablet, you must wait two (2) hours before taking a second tablet. Do not take more than 200 mg of sumatriptan tablets in 24 hours.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether this medication is harmful to an unborn baby. Before using Suminat, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Your name may need to be listed on a Suminat pregnancy registry when you start using this medication.
Sumatriptan can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. This medicine should not be given to anyone under 18 or over 65 years of age.
What should I avoid while using Suminat?
Do not use Suminat within 24 hours before or after taking any of the following medicines:
- almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt-MLT), or zolmitriptan (Zomig); or
- ergot medicine such as methysergide (Sansert), ergotamine (Ergomar, Ergostat, Cafergot, Ercaf, Wigraine), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal Nasal Spray), ergonovine (Ergotrate), methylergonovine (Methergine).
Suminat can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Suminat Side Effects
Possible Side Effects of Suminat are listed below. Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Suminat and call your doctor if you have a serious side effect such as:
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- fast heart rate, agitation, muscle stiffness, hallucinations, lack of coordination, with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- numbness or tingling and a pale or blue-colored appearance in your fingers or toes.
Less serious Suminat side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- muscle pain;
- warmth or redness under your skin;
- pressure or heavy feeling in any part of your body;
- sneezing, runny nose, congestion, cough;
- burning, numbness, pain or other irritation in your nose or throat after using the nasal spray;
- unusual taste in your mouth after using the nasal spray;
- dizziness, sleepiness; or
- drooling or sweating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What other drugs will affect Suminat?
Before using Suminat, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- an antidepressant such as citalopram (Celexa), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can affect Suminat. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
Buy Suminat Pills Online
You can buy Suminat Pills online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg. The 25 mg tablets are available for only $3.17 per unit when you order 90 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 31. January 2011.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: