5-21 working days.
Tiova Rotacaps for Rotahaler & HandiHaler – Product Information
Tiova Rotacaps are indicated for the long-term, once daily maintenance treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including bronchitis and emphysema. Tiova Rotacaps are only meant for inhalation and must not be swallowed. You can also buy the Generic HandiHaler (Cipla Rotahaler manufactured by Cipla Ltd.), which is to be used with Tiova Rotacaps, from our online pharmacy. Please follow this link.
Name of Drug
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Tiova Rotacaps is Tiotropium Bromide. (It does not contain a steroid).
Uses Of Tiova Rotacaps
Tiova Rotacaps (tiotropium bromide inhalation powder) consists of a capsule dosage form containing a dry powder formulation of Tiova intended for oral inhalation only with the HandiHaler inhalation device.
Tiova Rotacaps is used for treating symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including bronchitis and emphysema. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tiova HandiHaler is an anticholinergic agent. It works by enlarging the airways to allow easier breathing.
Tiova Rotacaps – Dosage
Use Tiova Rotacaps as directed by your doctor. The recommended dosage of Tiova Rotacaps is one Rotacap inhaled once daily, using the Cipla Rotahaler. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Do not swallow the Rotacaps. The Rotacaps are used with a special inhaler.
- To remove the capsule from the packaging, peel back the foil and tip the capsule out. Do NOT cut the foil or use anything sharp to remove the capsule.
- Do not remove a capsule from the packaging until you are ready to use it. If a second capsule is exposed to the air when you are removing a capsule for use, it must be discarded. Do not save the capsule for later.
- The capsule must immediately be placed in a special inhaler device. The device will puncture the capsule so that the medicine inside may be inhaled into the lungs through the mouthpiece. Exhale slowly and deeply. Do not breathe into the mouthpiece of the inhaler. Position the inhaler mouthpiece between your lips and try to rest your tongue flat. Keep your head upright. Take a slow, deep breath. You should hear or feel the capsule vibrate inside the inhaler. Hold your breath as long as it feels comfortable, then exhale slowly through pursed lips. Breathe out completely.
- To be sure all of the medicine has been inhaled from the capsule, inhale from the mouthpiece a second time following the same process.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unclear on how to use this device or inhale the medicine. Clean the inhaler device once a month according to the instructions in the patient leaflet.
- Each inhaler device may be used for up to 1 year and then should be replaced.
- Using Tiova HandiHaler at the same time each day will help you remember to use it.
- Use Tiova HandiHaler on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- If you miss a dose of Tiova HandiHaler , use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tiova Rotacaps.
Storage Instructions for Tiova Rotacaps
Store Tiova Rotacaps at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tiova HandiHaler out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Tiova Rotacaps
- Tiova Rotacaps are contraindicated (not to be used by) in patients allergic to any ingredient in Tiova Rotacaps or to atropine or related medicines including ipratropium or to any component of this product.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tiova Rotacaps :
Some medical conditions may interact with Tiova Rotacaps. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate or blockage of the bladder neck, or you have glaucoma, or kidney problems
- if you are having an asthma attack or increased difficulty breathing
- if you have a history of stroke
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tiova Rotacaps. However, no specific interactions with Tiova Rotacps are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Tiova Rotacps may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information Regarding Tiova Rotacaps
- Tiova Rotacaps may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Tiova Rotacaps with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Tiova Rotacaps will not stop an asthma attack once it has started. If you are also using a rescue inhaler (eg, albuterol), be sure to always carry it with you to use during asthma attacks.
- Avoid getting Tiova HandiHaler in your eyes. If you get Tiova HandiHaler in your eyes and eye pain, blurred vision, or other vision changes occur, contact your doctor immediately.
- Tiova HandiHaler
- aler with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially constipation or urinary tract infections.
- Tiova HandiHaler should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Tiova HandiHaler while you are pregnant. It is not known if Tiova is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Tiova, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Side Effects of Tiova Rotacaps
Listed below are the possible Side Effects of Tiova Rotacaps. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Constipation; dry mouth; mild nose bleed; sinus inflammation; sore throat; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; confusion, one-sided weakness, sudden vision problems, or slurred speech; difficult or painful urination; fast or irregular heartbeat; new or worsened breathing problems; irritation, pain, or white patches in the mouth or on the tongue; mouth sores; severe or persistent constipation; severe or persistent nosebleed; trouble swallowing; vision changes; wheezing.
Buy Cheap Cipla Tiova Rotacaps Online
You can buy Cheap Cipla Tiova Rotacaps online from the Swiss Pharmacy.
The Rotacaps must be used through a special inhaler device called the Cipla Rotahaler (Generic Handihaler Device) . The device will puncture the capsule so that the medicine inside may be inhaled into the lungs through the mouthpiece.
You can also buy Cipla Rotahaler (Generic Handihaler Device)
online from the Swiss Pharmacy .
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 02. February 2011.
We recommend following products:
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: