Acivir Tablets – Product Information
Acivir is used for treating chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) and treating or suppressing genital herpes infections.
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Acivir Tablets:
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Acivir Tablets is Acyclovir
Acivir is used for treating chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) It can als be used for primary herpes simplex infections including genital herpes, prophylaxis of herpes simplex in immunocompromised patients, varicella zoster, herpes zoster (shingles) and suppression of recurrent herpes simplex.
Acivir Tablets – Dosage
Use Acivir as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Disperse the tablet in a teaspoon (5ml) of water before administration,
Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Acivir is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
Start therapy with Acivir at the earliest sign or symptom of shingles or genital herpes (pain, burning, blisters).
If treating an acute outbreak, continue using Acivir for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
For suppressive therapy, Acivir works best if it is taken at the same times each day.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Acivir is an antiviral. It works by stopping viral replication. However, Acivir does not eliminate the virus, is not a cure, and does not prevent transmission to others.
If you miss a dose of Acivir, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Acivir Tablets
Store Acivir Tablets below 25 degrees C. Do not refrigerate.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using
Do NOT use Acivir Tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Acivir Tablets or to Aciclovir
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Acivir Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems or a weakened immune system
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Acivir Capsules. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Medicines that may harm the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics [eg, gentamicin], amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] [eg, ibuprofen], tacrolimus, vancomycin) because the risk of kidney side effects may be increased. Ask your doctor if you are unsure if any of your medicines might harm the kidney
Possible Side Effects of Acivir Tablets
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Diarrhea; general body discomfort; headache; nausea/vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); aggressive behavior; blood in the urine; confusion; decreased consciousness; decreased urination; hallucinations; lower back pain; mental or mood changes; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; unusual bruising or bleeding.
Buy Acivir Tablets 200 mg Online
You can buy Acivir Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 200 mg, 400mg and 800mg. The 200 mg pills are priced at only $0.81 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Tuesday, 14. July 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: