Risedronate Tablets – Product Information
Risedronate (Risofos 35 and 150 mg) is used for treating and preventing osteoporosis in certain patients. Risofos (Risedronate) is used for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and to increase bone mass in men with osteoporosis. Risedronate is also used for treatment of Paget's disease of bone in men and women. Each tablet of Risofos 35 contains 35mg of Risedronate Sodium, whereas each tablet of Risofos 150 contains 150 mg of Risedronate Sodium.
Name of Drug
Risedronate Tablets : We supply Risofos manufactured by Cipla Ltd (Website: cipla.com).
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Risedronate (Risofos Tablets)
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Risedronate (Risofos Tablets) is Risedronate Sodium. Each tablet of Risofos contains 35 mg or 150 mg of Risedronate.
Uses of Risedronate Tablets (Risofos Tablets)
Risofos Tablets is used for treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. It is also used to treat men with osteoporosis inorder to increase their bone mass. Risofos 35 is indicated for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis induced by glucocorticoid in men and women who are either initiating or continuing systemic glucocorticoid treatment. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Risedronate is also used for treatment of Paget`s disease of bone in men and women.
Risedronate (Risofos Tablets) – Dosage
Risofos Tablets should be taken at least 30 minutes before the first food or drink of the day other than water. To facilitate delivery to the stomach, Risofos 35 Tablets should be swallowed while the patient is in an upright position and with a full glass of plain water (6 to 8 oz). Use Risedronate as directed by your doctor. The dosage of Risofos 35 ( 35 mg tablet of Risofos) varies as per the indication being treated. Treatment of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women:
35 mg once a week Prevention of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women:
35 mg once a week Men with Osteoporosis:
35 mg once a week Treatment and Prevention of Glucocorticoid-Induced Osteoporosis:
One 35 mg tablet, once a week. Paget’s Disease:
30 mg daily for 2 months
- Do not take more than 2 tablets of Risedronate per month unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Swallow Risedronate whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or suck on the tablet before swallowing.
- Take Risedronate with a full glass of plain water (6 to 8 oz/180 to 240 mL). Do not take Risedronate with mineral water, coffee, tea, milk, or juice. Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Risedronate and until you eat your first food of the day.
- Be sure you understand how to take Risedronate . Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Continue to take Risofos Tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Risedronate.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Risedronate Sodium is a bisphosphonate. It works by slowing bone loss.
If you miss a dose of Risedronate, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Risedronate Tablets
Store Risedronate (Risofos Tablets) at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Risedronate out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Risedronate (Risofos Tablets)
Before using Risedronate Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Risedronate if:
- you are allergic to Risedronate sodium any inactive ingredient present in Risedronate;
- you are unable to stand or sit upright for at least 30 minutes;
- you have low blood calcium levels or severe kidney problems.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you. Important:
- Bisphosphonates like Risedronate (Risofos Tablets) may cause upper gastrointestinal disorders such as dysphagia, esophagitis, and esophageal or gastric ulcer.
- Risedronate may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Risedronate with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Talk to your doctor before you drink alcohol, smoke, or use other tobacco products while taking Risedronate.
- Follow the diet and exercise program given to you by your health care provider. Talk to your doctor about whether you should take a calcium and vitamin D supplement while you use Risedronate.
- Talk to your doctor about the use of weight-bearing exercises to help prevent weak bones.
- Proper dental care is important while you use Risedronate. Brush and floss your teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Risedronate before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Risedronate may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Risedronate.
- Lab tests, including bone density and blood calcium levels, may be performed while you use Risedronate . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Risedronate Tablets should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Risedronate while you are pregnant. It is not known if Risedronate is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Risedronate.
Possible Side Effects of Risedronate Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- back pain, arthralgia, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, gas, headache, joint pain, mild stomach pain or upset, nausea.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry or bloody stools; chest pain; coughing or vomiting blood; difficult or painful swallowing; mouth sores; new, worsening, or severe heartburn; painful or difficult urination; sensitivity to light; severe bone, muscle, or joint pain; severe or persistent sore throat or stomach pain; swelling of the arms or legs; swelling or pain in your jaw; unusual eye pain or redness; vision changes.
Buy Risofos Tablets 35 mg and 150 mg (Risedronate Tablets) Online
You can buy Risofos 35 mg and 150 mg Tablets (Risedronate) online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Risedronate Tablets are available in pills of 35 mg and 150 mg.
The 35 mg pills are priced at only $3.65 per unit if you place an order for 60 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Wednesday, 15. July 2009.