8-21 working days.
Fluconazole Tablets – Product Information
Fluconazole Tablets are used for treating and preventing certain yeast and fungal infections.
Name of Drug
Fluconazole. We supply Forcan manufactured by Cipla Ltd. Fluconazole Tablets are more well known as Generic Diflucan®.
(Sometimes Fluconazole is also known as Trican, Alfumet, or Candivast)
Manufacturer Of Fluconazole Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Fluconazole Tablets is Fluconazole.
Fluconazole is used to treat fungal infections, including yeast infections of the vagina, mouth, throat, esophagus (tube leading from the mouth to the stomach), abdomen (area between the chest and waist), lungs, blood, and other organs. Fluconazole is also used to treat meningitis (infection of the membranes covering the brain and spine) caused by fungus. Fluconazole is also used to prevent yeast infections in patients who are likely to become infected because they are being treated with chemotherapy or radiation therapy before a bone marrow transplant (replacement of unhealthy spongy tissue inside the bones with healthy tissue). Fluconazole is in a class of antifungals called triazoles. It works by slowing the growth of fungi that cause infection. Fluconazole is used for treating and preventing certain yeast and fungal infections. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Fluconazole Tablets – Dosage
Use Fluconazole as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Take Fluconazole by mouth with or without food.
Take Fluconazole at least 2 hours before proton pump inhibitors (eg, omeprazole).
To clear up your infection completely, take Fluconazole for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days. Do not miss any doses.
Fluconazole works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Fluconazole is a triazole antifungal. It kills sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
If you miss a dose of Fluconazole, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Fluconazole Tablets
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Fluconazole Tablets
Before using Fluconazole Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do NOT use Fluconazole if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Fluconazole
- you are taking astemizole, an aldosterone blocker (eg, eplerenone), cisapride, an ergot alkaloid (eg, ergotamine), erythromycin, pimozide, a serotonin (5-HT1) receptor agonist (eg, eletriptan), or terfenadine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Fluconazole. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a weakened immune system, kidney or liver disease, or an irregular heartbeat
- if you are allergic to other azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Fluconazole. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Aldosterone blockers (eg, eplerenone), amiodarone, astemizole, cisapride, pimozide, serotonin receptor agonists (eg, eletriptan), macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), quinolines (eg, ciprofloxacin), or terfenadine because the risk of severe irregular heartbeat (eg, QT prolongation) may be increased
- Rifabutin because the risk of certain eye problems (eg, uveitis) may be increased
- Macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus) because the risk of kidney problems may be increased
- Rifampin or proton pump inhibitors (eg, omeprazole) because they may decrease Fluconazole 's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, alprazolam), buspirone, carbamazepine, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, ergot alkaloids (eg, ergotamine ), haloperidol, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors or "statins" (eg, simvastatin), hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), methadone, muscarinic antagonists (eg, solifenacin, tolterodine), narcotics (eg, codeine), ramelteon, sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide), theophylline, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Fluconazole.
Possible Side Effects of Fluconazole Tablets
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Changes in taste; dizziness; headache; nausea; stomach pain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); diarrhea; scaly, red skin over a large portion of the body; swollen or tender abdomen; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Fluconazole 150 mg and 200 mg Tablets Online
You can buy Fluconazole Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 200 mg and 150 mg. The 150 mg pills are priced at only $3.50 per unit if you place an order for 90 tablets whereas the 200 mg pills are priced at only $4.01 per unit if you place an order for 92 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 17. August 2009.