Dutas Capsules – Product Information
Dutas Capsules (Dutasteride) is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Name of Drug
Dutas is also known as as: Dutagen, Duprost
Manufacturer of Dutas Capsules
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Dutas Capsules is Dutasteride
Dutas is used for treating symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or enlargement of the prostate gland. It also helps to reduce the risk of urinary blockage and the need for prostate surgery. It may also be used along with other medicines (eg, tamsulosin).
Dutas Capsules – Dosage
Use Dutas Capsules as directed by your doctor.
- Dutas Capsules may be taken with or without food.
- Swallow Dutas whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- It may take 3 to 6 months for Dutas to work.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dutas.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Dutas is a 5 alpha-reductase enzyme inhibitor. It works by lowering levels of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is a major cause of prostate growth. Lowering DHT leads to shrinkage of the enlarged prostate gland.
If you miss a dose of Dutas , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Dutas Capsules
Store Dutas Capsules between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tightly closed, light-resistant container. Store away from moisture, heat, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not take tablets after the expiration date printed on the label. Keep Dutas out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Dutas Capsules
Before using Dutas Capsules please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Dutas if:
- you are allergic to Dutasteride or any inactive ingredient in Dutas or other 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors (e.g., finasteride) ;
- you are pregnant or a female of childbearing age.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Dutas is absorbed through the skin. Women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not handle crushed or broken tablets because it may cause harm to the fetus. If contact is made with leaking capsules, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water and a doctor should be consulted.
- Dutas stays in the blood stream for 4 to 6 months after you stop taking it. Do not donate blood for at least 6 months after your last dose of Dutas to prevent exposure through a blood transfusion to a pregnant woman.
- Dutas may decrease your volume of ejaculate. This does not appear to interfere with normal sexual function.
- Dutas can affect a blood test called prostate-specific antigen (PSA) for the screening of prostate cancer. If you have a PSA test done, you should tell your doctor that you are taking Dutas.
- Lab tests may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Dutas is not recommended for use in children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Dutas can cause harm to the fetus. Do not use Dutas if you are pregnant. If you suspect that you could be pregnant, contact your doctor immediately. It is unknown if Dutas is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Dutas.
Possible Side Effects of Dutas Capsules
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- breast enlargement and/or tenderness, decreased sex drive; decreased volume of ejaculate; inability to have an erection.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
Buy Dutas 0.5 mg Capsules Online
You can buy Dutas Capsules online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 0.5 mg which are priced at only $1.31 per unit for an order of 180 capsules. and at $1.18 per unit for an order of 270 capsules.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 17. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: