Esomeprazole Tablets – Product Information
Esomeprazole is used to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions involving excessive stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Name of Drug
Esomeprazole Tablets: We supply Nexpro manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Manufacturer of Esomeprazole Tablets(Nexpro Tablets)
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd India
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Esomeprazole Tablets is Esomeprazole.
What is Esomeprazole Used For
Esomeprazole decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Esomeprazole is used to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions involving excessive stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. It is also used to promote healing of erosive esophagitis (damage to your esophagus caused by stomach acid).
Esomeprazole may also be given to prevent gastric ulcer caused by infection with helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), or by the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Esomeprazole Tablets – Dosage
Use Esomeprazole as directed by your doctor.
- Take Esomeprazole by mouth with or without food.
- Take it around the same time every day.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Esomeprazole.
How Does Esomeprazole Work – Drug Class and Mechanism
Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Take the missed dose of Esomeprazole Tablets as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Esomeprazole Tablets
Store Esomeprazole tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Esomeprazole out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Esomeprazole Tablets
Before using Esomeprazole Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Esomeprazole if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Esomeprazole or to similar medicines (e.g., omeprazole);
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (e.g., atazanavir).
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Esomeprazole may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Esomeprazole with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms of a bleeding ulcer, such as black, tarry stools or vomit that looks like coffee grounds; or if you experience throat pain, chest pain, severe stomach pain, or trouble swallowing.
- Esomeprazole may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Esomeprazole.
- Esomeprazole should be used with caution in Asian patients; the risk of side effects may be increased in these patients.
- Esomeprazole should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Esomeprazole while you are pregnant. It is not known if Esomeprazole is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while using Esomeprazole.
Possible Side Effects of Esomeprazole Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Esomeprazole Tablets persist or become bothersome:
- constipation; diarrhea; dry mouth; gas; headache; nausea; pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site; stomach pain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; fast heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness.
Buy Esomeprazole 40 mg and 20 mg Tablets Online
You can buy Esomeprazole Tablets online at a Cheap price from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 20 mg and 40 mg. The 20 mg pills are priced at only $0.44 per unit if you place an order for 180 tablets whereas the 40 mg pills are priced at $0.64 per unit for an order of 180 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 20. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: