8-21 working days.
Omeprazole Capsules – Product Information
Omeprazole Capsules blocks the production of acid by the stomach. It is
Name of Drug
Omeprazole Capsules: We supply Omez manufactured by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
Manufacturer Of Omeprazole Capsules
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Omeprazole Capsules is Omeprazole
Omeprazole is used for treating heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
It may also be used for short-term treatment of ulcers of the stomach or small intestines. It may also be used with certain antibiotics to treat ulcers of the small intestines and to help prevent them from coming back. It may also be used to treat conditions that cause your body to make too much stomach acid (eg, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Omeprazole Capsules – Dosage
Use Omeprazole as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Omeprazole by mouth on an empty stomach before eating.
- Swallow Omeprazole whole. Do not break, crush, chew, or open Omeprazole before swallowing.
- If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, add 1 tablespoon of applesauce to an empty bowl. Open the capsule and empty the pellets onto the applesauce. Mix the pellets with the applesauce and swallow the mixture at once, followed by a glass of cool water. The applesauce used should not be hot and should be soft enough to be swallowed with out chewing. Do not chew or crush the pellets. Do not store the mixture for further use.
- You may take antacids while you are using Omeprazole, if you are directed to do so by your doctor.
- If you also take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at least 2 hours before taking Omeprazole.
- If you also take sucralfate, take Omeprazole at least 30 minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Continue to take Omeprazole even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Take the missed dose of Omeprazole capsules as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication unless your doctor directs otherwise.
Storage Instructions for Omeprazole Capsules
Store Omeprazole Capsules at room temperature, 15-30 degrees C (59-86 degrees F). Keep away from moisture and light.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Omeprazole Capsules
Before using Omeprazole Capsules please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Some medical conditions may interact with Omeprazole.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or non prescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems or stomach or bowel cancer
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Omeprazole.
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole because they may increase the risk of Omeprazole side effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam), cilostazol, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, phenytoin, or tacrolimus because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Omeprazole
- Ampicillins, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), ginkgo biloba, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their effectiveness may be decreased by Omeprazole.
Possible Side Effects of Omeprazole Capsules
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; dark urine; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision changes; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
More Information on Omeprazole Capsules
If you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives), stop taking omeprazole and seek emergency medical attention.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take omeprazole and talk to your doctor if you experience
- drowsiness, dizziness, or headache;
- diarrhea, increased gas, or bloating; or
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
Buy Omeprazole 20 and 40 mg Capsules Online
You can buy Omeprazole Capsules online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg. The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.42 per unit if you place an order for 180 capsules, the 20 mg pills are priced at $0.55 per unit for an order of 180 capsules whereas the 40 mg pills are priced at $0.81 per unit for an order of 180 capsules.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 20. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: