Atomoxetine Hydrochloride Capsules
Atomoxetine Hydrochloride (Attentrol Capsules)– Product Information
Atomoxetine Hydrochloride (Attentrol Capsules) is used for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Each capsule of Atomoxetine (Attentrol) contains atomoxetine HCl equivalent to 10, 18, or 25 mg of atomoxetine.
Name of Drug
Atomoxetine Hydrochloride Capsules : We supply Attentrol Capsules manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Manufacturer of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride Tablets
SUN Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Atomoxetine Capsules
The active pharmaceutical ingredient used in Atomoxetine Capsules is Atomoxetine Hydrochloride.
Uses of Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules)
Atomoxetine is used for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Atomoxetine Capsules – Dosage
Use Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules) as directed by your doctor.
- Take Atomoxetine Capsules (Attentrol) by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Swallow Atomoxetine whole. Do not open or take the capsules apart.
- Taking Atomoxetine at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to use Atomoxetine even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules).
Drug Class and Mechanism
Atomoxetine is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Exactly how Atomoxetine works to treat ADHD is not known. Atomoxetine increases certain chemicals (e.g., norepinephrine) in the brain. This may affect attention span and behavior.
If you miss a dose of Atomoxetine, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Atomoxetine Capsules
Store Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules) at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Attentrol Capsules out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules)
Before using Atomoxetine Capsules please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Atomoxetine (Attentrol Capsules) if:
- you are allergic to Atomoxetine Hydrochloride or any inactive ingredient in Attentrol Capsules;
- you are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (e.g., phenelzine) within the last 14 days;
- you have certain heart problems (e.g., heart defect, heart failure), certain types of irregular heartbeat, severe blood vessel problems, or narrow-angle glaucoma.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important Information about Attentrol Capsules (Atomoxetine Hydrochloride):
- Attentrol Capsules may cause dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, or fainting. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Atomoxetine with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Attentrol Capsules may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or take for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Children and teenagers who take Atomoxetine may be at increased risk for suicidal thoughts or actions. Adults may also be affected. The risk may be greater in patients who have had suicidal thoughts or actions in the past. The risk may also be greater in patients who have had bipolar (manic-depressive) illness, or if their family members have had it. Watch patients who take Atomoxetine closely. Contact the doctor at once if new, worsened, or sudden symptoms such as depressed mood; anxious, restless, or irritable behavior; panic attacks; or any unusual change in mood or behavior occur. Contact the doctor right away if any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions occur.
- Do not try to open the capsules or take them apart. Wash your hands immediately after using Atomoxetine. Do not get Atomoxetine in your eye. It may irritate your eye if you do. If you get Atomoxetine in your eyes or nose, rinse at once with cool water.
- Lab tests, including heart rate, blood pressure, and liver function, may be performed while you use Atomoxetine. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Atomoxetine capsules with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially dizziness.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in children and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they take Atomoxetine.
- Atomoxetine capsules should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 6 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Atomoxetine while you are pregnant. It is not known if Atomoxetine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Attentrol Capsules, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Side Effects of Atomoxetine capsules
Consult with your doctor if any of these most common side effects of Attentrol Capsules persist or become bothersome:
- constipation; coughing; decreased appetite; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; fatigue; headache; increased sweating; indigestion; nausea; stomach upset; tiredness; vomiting.
Seek medical attention immediately if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dark urine; decreased sexual ability (e.g., impotence, ejaculation problems); fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; menstrual cycle changes; mental or mood changes (e.g., agitation, anxiety, depression, irritability, persistent crying, unusual sadness); new or worsening behavior changes (e.g., aggression, hostility, restlessness); numbness or tingling; one-sided weakness; pale stools; persistent fatigue or tiredness; prolonged or painful erection; seizure; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or tenderness; suicidal thoughts or attempts; trouble sleeping; trouble urinating; unusual vision or speech changes; unusually cold or blue fingers or toes; yellowing of skin or eyes.
Buy Atomoxetine Hydrochloride (Attentrol Capsules) 10 mg, 18 mg and 25 mg Online
You can buy Attentrol Capsules online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg, 18 mg and 25 mg .
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 21. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: