Levofloxacin Tablets (Levoflox) – Product Information
Levofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial and is used to treat severe or life-threatening bacterial infections or bacterial infections that have failed to respond to other antibiotic classes. Levoflox Tablets are used to treat nosocomial and community-acquired pneumonia, acute bacterial sinusitis, acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, complicated and uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections, chronic bacterial prostatitis, complicated and uncomplicated urinary tract infections, acute pyelonephritis, and inhalational anthrax (post-exposure).
Name of Drug
Manufacturer of Levoflox Tablets (Levofloxacin Tablets)
Cipla Ltd India
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Levoflox Tablets is Levofloxacin.
Levofloxacin Tablets (Levoflox) Tablets – Dosage
The recommended adult dosage of Levoflox Tablets for adult patients with with normal renal function is given below: Nosocomial Pneumonia:
The recommended dosage is 750 mg every 24 hours for a period of 7 to 14 days. Community Acquired Pneumonia:
The recommended dosage is 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 7 to 14 days. In certain types of Community Acquired Pneumonia the recommended dosage is 750 mg every 24 hours for a period of 5 days. Acute Bacterial Sinusitis:
The recommended dosage is 750 mg every 24 hours for a period of 5 days, or 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 10 to 14 days. Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis:
The recommended dosage is 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 7 days. Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections (SSSI):
The recommended dosage is 750 mg every 24 hours for a period of 7 to 14 days. Uncomplicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections (SSSI):
The recommended dosage is 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 7 to 10 days. Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis:
The recommended dosage is 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 28 days. Complicated Urinary Tract Infection or Acute Pyelonephritis:
The recommended dosage is 750 mg every 24 hours for a period of 5 days. Complicated Urinary Tract Infection or Acute Pyelonephritis:
The recommended dosage is 250 mg every 24 hours for a period of 10 days. Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infection:
The recommended dosage is 250 mg every 24 hours for a period of 3 days. Inhalational Anthrax (Post-Exposure):
The recommended dosage is 500 mg every 24 hours for a period of 60 days.
If you miss a dose of Levofloxacin Tablets, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose (less than 12 hours for your next dose), skip the missed dose and take your dose at thescheduled time. Do not double a dose to make up for a missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Levofloxacin Tablets (Levoflox) Tablets
Store Levoflox Tablets between 59°F and 86°F (15°C and 30 °C) in well-closed containers.. Keep Levofloxacin Tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Levofloxacin Tablets (Levoflox) Tablets
Before using Levoflox Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other precautions to be taken are:
- Risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture is increased. The risk is even greater in older patients above 60 years of age.
- Anaphylactic reactions and allergic skin reactions, serious, occasionally fatal, may occur after first dose.
- Hematologic (including agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia), and renal toxicities may occur after multiple doses
- Severe, and sometimes fatal, hepatoxicity has been reported. Discontinue Levoflox Tablets immediately in case signs and symptoms of hepatitis occur.
- Central nervous system effects, including convulsions, anxiety, confusion, depression, and insomnia may occur after the first dose. Levofloxacin Tablets have to be used with caution in patients with known or suspected disorders that may predispose them to seizures or lower the seizure threshold.
- Clostridium difficile-associated colitis: evaluate if diarrhea occurs
- Discontinue if symptoms of Peripheral neuropathy occur in order to prevent irreversibility
- Prolongation of the QT interval and isolated cases of torsade de pointes have been reported. Avoid use in patients with known prolongation, those with hypokalemia, and with other drugs that prolong the QT interval.
- Absorption of levofloxacin is decreased when the tablet or oral solution formulation of multivalent cation-containing products including antacids, metal cations or didanosine is taken within 2 hours of these products.
- Effect of Warfarin may be enhanced. Monitor prothrombin time, INR, watch for bleeding
- Carefully monitor blood glucose in case the patients requires antidiabetic agents.
Possible Side Effects of Levofloxacin Tablets (Levoflox)
The most common side effects of Levofloxacin Tablets (occurring in 3% or more patients) were nausea, headache, diarrhea, insomnia, constipation and dizziness.
Contraindications of Levoflox Tablets
Levoflox Tablets are contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of Levoflox Tablets. It is also contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to quinolones.
Buy Levoflox Tablets Online at Cheap Price
You can buy Levoflox Tablets (Levofloxacin) online at a Cheap price from the Swiss Pharmacy. They are available in pills of 250 mg and 500 mg. The 250 mg pills are priced at less than $0.50 per unit if you place an order for 360 tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Tuesday, 11. September 2012.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: