8-21 working days.
Generic Motilium Tablets – Product Information
Motilium (Domperidone) is a medicine that increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and bowels. We only sell original brand Motilium 10 mg tablets.
Motilium is produced in India by Johnson&Johnson, the parent company of the patent holder Janssen-Cilag Pharmaceuticals. Therefore - according to international patent laws - we have to name it "generic".
Name of Drug
Motilium is also known as as: Motinorm, Costi and Motillium.
Manufacturer Of Motilium Tablets
Janssen-Cilag Pharmaceuticals, produced in India by Johnson&Johnson Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Motilium Tablets is Domperidone.
What is Motilium Used For
Motilium is a medicine that increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and bowel. Motilium is also used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by other drugs used to treat Parkinson's disease.
Generic Motilium Tablets – Dosage
Use Motilium as directed by your doctor.
- The usual dose in adults is one tablet three to four times a day, best taken 15 to 30 minutes before meals or food, and if necessary at bedtime.
- Sometimes your doctor may increase the dose to two tablets three to four times a day after you have taken Motilium for 2 weeks.
- You should not take more than a total of eight tablets in a single day.
- Your doctor may ask you to take Motilium for up to 6 months.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Motilium.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Motilium works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger in the brain which causes the feeling of nausea and vomiting, as well as increasing the movement or contractions of the stomach and intestines, allowing food to move more easily through the stomach.
If you miss a dose of Motilium, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Motilium Tablets
Store Motilium tablets at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Motilium out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Generic Motilium Tablets
Before using Motilium Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Motilium if:
- you have an allergy to Motilium, or any of the ingredients. See Product Description at the end of this leaflet for a list of ingredients;
- you have a tumour of the pituitary gland called prolactinoma;
- an increase in stomach or bowel contractions can harm you. For example, if you have had bleeding, a blockage or puncture in your gastrointestinal tract;
- you are taking another medicine containing the active ingredient ketoconazole, fluconazole or voriconazole which is used to treat fungal infections;
- you are taking an antibiotic containing the active ingredient erythromycin, clarithromycin or telithromycin;
- you are taking another medicine containing the active ingredient amiodarone, which is used to treat fast heart rate.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Possible Side Effects of Generic Motilium Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- uncontrollable movements; irregular or no menstrual period; unusual secretion of breast milk or decrease in sex drive in men or women; breast tenderness or breast enlargement in men.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- headache, trouble sleeping, nervousness, dizziness, tiredness or irritability; dry mouth or thirst; stomach cramps, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, changes in appetite or heartburn; rash or itchy skin; itchy eyes and crusty eyelids with discharge; mouth ulcers or cold sores.
Buy Generic Motilium 10 mg Tablets Online
You can buy Generic Motilium Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 10 mg. The 10 mg pills are priced at only $0.44 per unit if you place an order for 720 Tablets.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 20. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: