5-21 working days.
Syndopa Tablets – Product Information
Syndopa (Carbidopa/Levodopa) is used for treating symptoms associated with Parkinson disease and parkinsonism-like symptoms.
Name of Drug
Syndopa Tablets: We supply Syndopa manufactured by SUN Pharmaceuticals.
Manufacturer of Syndopa Tablets (combination of Levodopa and Carbidopa)
SUN Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Syndopa Tablets is Carbidopa and Levodopa.
Uses Of Syndopa Tablets
Syndopa is used for treating symptoms associated with Parkinson disease and parkinsonism-like symptoms caused by other conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Syndopa Tablets – Dosage
Use Syndopa as directed by your doctor.
- Take Syndopa tablets by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.
- Carefully follow the dosing schedule given to you by your health care provider. It may take several weeks to a few months to notice benefit from use because the dose is carefully adjusted over time.
- If you are also taking iron salts (eg, ferrous sulfate), do not take them within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Syndopa. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- Take Syndopa on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Syndopa at the same times each day will help you to remember to take it.
- Continue to take Syndopa even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you have been taking levodopa, do not start taking Syndopa until at least 12 hours after your final dose of levodopa.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Syndopa.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Syndopa is an antidyskinetic combination. Levodopa is transformed by the body and the brain into a substance that helps to decrease tremors and other symptoms of Parkinson disease. Carbidopa helps levodopa to reach the brain.
If you miss a dose of Syndopa, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Storage Instructions for Syndopa Tablets
Store Syndopa Tablets at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Brief periods at temperatures of 59 to 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) are permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Syndopa out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Syndopa Tablets
Before using Syndopa Tablets please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. Do not use Syndopa tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Syndopa;
- you have narrow-angle glaucoma, undiagnosed skin growths, skin cancer, or a history of skin cancer;
- you have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Syndopa may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Syndopa with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (e.g., sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Syndopa; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Syndopa may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Syndopa before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by Syndopa . Symptoms may include fever; stiff muscles; confusion; abnormal thinking; fast or irregular heartbeat; and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
- Diabetes patients - Syndopa may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Diabetes patients - Syndopa may cause the results of some tests for urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your doctor before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Syndopa. Some conditions may become worse when Syndopa is suddenly stopped. Your dose may need to be slowly lowered by your doctor to avoid side effects.
- Gradually increase physical activity as your symptoms improve.
- A dark color (red, brown, or black) may appear in your saliva, urine, or sweat after taking Syndopa. This is not harmful.
- The effects of Syndopa might start to wear off between doses. Talk with your doctor if Syndopa stops working well or if your condition worsens.
- Syndopa may affect certain lab test results. Make sure your doctors and lab personnel know you use Syndopa.
- Lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and liver function tests, may be performed while you use Syndopa. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Syndopa with caution in elderly patients; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Syndopa tablets should not be used by children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Syndopa while pregnant. It is not known if Syndopa is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Syndopa, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Side Effects of Syndopa Tablets
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- confusion; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; taste changes; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; urinary tract infection; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood in vomit; chest pain; confusion; depression; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever; hallucinations; mental or mood changes; muscle pain or unusual stiffness; severe abdominal pain; severe lightheadedness or fainting; sore throat; thoughts of suicide; unexplained fever or sweating; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or painful movements or spasms of the face, eyelids, mouth, tongue, arms, hands, or legs; vision changes (blurred/double vision); yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Buy Syndopa Tablets 110, 125, 250 and 275 mg Online
You can buy Syndopa Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in pills of 110, 125, 250 and 275 mg.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 21. August 2009.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: