8-21 working days.
Azee Tablets - Product Information
Azee (azithromycin) is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections like upper and lower genitourinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, skin and skin structure infections. Azee should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven, or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria.
Name of Drug
Manufacturer Of Azee Tablets
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Azee Tablets
The active pharmaceutical ingredient in Azee is Azithromycin Dihydrate.
Uses of Azee Tablets
Azee (Azithromycin Dihydrate) is used in the treatment of:
Upper respiratory tract infections (including ear, nose and throat infections):
Tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media (middle ear infection) and pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat).
Lower respiratory tract infections:
Community acquired pneumonias, acute bacterial worsening of chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchitis due to Haemophilus influenzae ,Moraxella catarrhalis or Streptococcus pneumoniae .
Genitourinary tract infections (including sexually transmitted diseases):
Urethritis, prostatitis, cervicitis, cervico-vaginitis and salpingitis due to N. gonorrhoeaeand C. trachomatis.
Genital ulcer disease (chanchroid) in men due to Haemophilus ducreyi.
Skin and skin structure infections:
Folliculitis, furuncles, carbuncles, impetigo, pyoderma, infected ulcer, infected dermatitis, cellulitis and erysipelas due to S. aureus, S. pyogenes or S. agalactiae.
Azee is also indicated in:
- Prophylaxis and treatment of malaria.
- Treatment of acne.
- Treatment of chlamydial conjunctivitis.
Azee Tablets (Azithromycin Dihydrate)- Contraindications
Azee is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to azithromycin, erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Azee Tablets - Dosage
The dosage of Azee tablets varies as per the indication being treated. Mild to moderate lower respiratory tract infections, upper respiratory tract infections and uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections:
Adults 500 mg of Azee as a single dose on the first day followed by 250 mg once daily on days 2 to 5 for a total dose of 1.5 g or 500 mg once daily for 3 days. Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Gonorrhoea: 2 gm as a stat dose
- Chancroid: 1 gm as a stat dose
- Non-gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis due to C. trachomatis –1 gm as a stat dose
- Syphilis: 1 gm o.d. for 5 days or 500 mg o.d. for 10 days.
- Prophylaxis: 500 mg on first day followed by 250 mg/day for 7 days.
- Treatment: 1000-1500 mg once daily for 3 days with usual doses of chloroquine.
- 250-500 mg on 3 consecutive days in a week for 12 weeks.
- Azee can be taken with or without food.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Azee is a macrolide antibiotic. It fights bacteria in the body.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Storage Instructions for Azee Tablets
Store Azee tablets at room temperature away from moisture. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Warnings and Precautions when using Azee Tablets
Do not take antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before or after you take the dose of Azee.
Get emergency medical help in case you observe any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Azithromycin (Azee): hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- chest pain, uneven heartbeats;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash.
Side Effects of Azee Tablets
The Possible side effects of Azee tablets (Azithromycin Dihydrate) are given below.
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation;
- stomach pain or upset;
- dizziness, tired feeling, or headache;
- nervous feeling, sleep problems (insomnia);
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- mild itching or skin rash;
- ringing in your ears, problems with hearing;
- decreased sense of taste or smell.
Besides the above side effects serious allergic reactions, including angioedema, anaphylaxis, and dermatologic reactions including Stevens Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported rarely in patients on azithromycin (Azee) therapy.
Buy Cheap Azithromycin Tablets Online
You can buy Cheap Azithromycin (Azee) Tablets online from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in tablets of 250 mg and 500 mg. The cost of a 250 mg pill is only 1.10 USD when you order 360 pills whereas the cost of a 500 mg pill is just 2.08 USD when you order 180 pills.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Sunday, 19. June 2011.