8-21 working days.
Foracort Inhaler – Product Information
Foracort Inhaler is a medication that is a combination of a corticosteroid and a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist. It is indicated for treatment of asthma in patients 12 years of age and older. It is also used for the maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Foracort Inhaler is not used for the relief of acute bronchospasm.
Name of Drug
Foracort Inhaler. This medication is available in 4 variants. Foracort 100 Inhaler, where each actuation delivers Formoterol Fumarate 6mcg + Budesonide 100 mcg, Foracort 200 Inhaler where each actuation delivers Formoterol Fumarate 6 mcg + Budesonide 200 mcg, Foracort 400 Inhaler where each actuation delivers Formoterol Fumarate 6 mcg + Budesonide 400 mcg and Foracort Forte Inhaler where each actuation delivers Formoterol Fumarate 12 mcg + Budesonide 400 mcg.
Manufacturer of Foracort Inhaler
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active ingredients present in Foracort Inhaler are Budesonide and Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate.
Foracort Inhaler – Dosage
The recommended dosage for patients 18 years and older is 1-2 inhalations of Foracort 100 (Formoterol Fumarate 6mcg + Budesonide 100 mcg) twice daily with a maximum of 4 inhalations twice daily. For adolescents of 12-17 years of age the recommended dosage is 1-2 inhalations twice daily, whereas for Children 6-11 years the recommended dosage of Foracort 100 is 2 inhalations twice daily. use of Foracort Inhaler is not recommended for children below 6 years. For COPD:
The recommended dosage for patients 18 years and older is 2 inhalations of Foracort 100 (Formoterol Fumarate 6mcg + Budesonide 200 mcg) twice daily.
Foracort Inhaler – Contraindications
Foracort Inhaler is contraindicated in patients that require primary treatment of status asthmaticus acute episodes of asthma or COPD requiring intensive measures. It is also contraindicated in persons with a hypersensitivity to Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate, Budesonide or any other ingredient present in the medication.
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Foracort Inhaler
Before using Foracort Inhaler please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies.
- Therapy with Foracort Inhaler should be reassessed and alternative treatment initiated, if treatment is ineffective
- In cases where high doses are administered for long periods of time systemic effects such as Cushing's syndrome, Cushingoid features, adrenal suppression, growth retardation in children and adolescents, cataract and glaucoma may occur
- In case paradoxical bronchospasm occurs Foracort Inhaler should be discontinued
- There is an increased risk of pneumoniain in patients with COPD
- Infection of the mouth and throat may occur
- In patients with these infections such as tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection; or ocular herpes simplex there exists the potential of worsening of infections
- Foracort Inhaler has to be used with caution in caution in patients with thyrotoxicosis, phaeochromocytoma, diabetes mellitus, untreated hypokalaemia, or severe cardiovascular disorders
- In certain patients there is a decrease in bone mineral density
Storage Information for Foracort Inhaler
For best results the canister should be kept at room temperature before use. Keep away from children and pets.
Side Effects of Foracort Inhaler
The possible side effects of Foracort Inhaler are headache, palpitations, tremor, candida infections in the oropharynx, coughing, mild irritation in the throat, hoarseness, tachycardia, muscle cramps, aggression, psychomotor hyperactivity, anxiety, sleep disorders, nausea, dizziness and bruises. Rarely occuring side effects are hypokaelemia, cardiac arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia and extrasystoles, bronchospasm and immediate and delayed hypersensitivity reactions including exanthema, urticaria, pruritus, dermatitis, angioedema and anaphylactic reaction.
Buy Foracort Inhaler Online
You can buy cheap Foracort Inhaler online from the Swiss Pharmacy. Foracort Inhaler is available as Foracort 100, Foracort 200, Foracort 400 and Foracort Forte. Each canister contains 120 metered doses. The Foracort 100 Inhalers (Formoterol Fumarate 6mcg + Budesonide 100 mcg) are priced at only $20.90 per unit if you place an order for 10 Canisters.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Friday, 25. May 2012.