Seroflo Rotacaps (Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol Rotacaps) – Product Information
Seroflo rotacaps is a combination product which contains Salmeterol 50 mcg (fixed quantity) and the amount of Fluticasone Propionate can be 100mcg, 250mcg or 500 mcg
Seroflo rotacaps (Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol Rotacaps) are used for the treatment of asthma in patients aged 4 years and older, maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction and reducing exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). You can also buy the Generic HandiHaler device (Cipla Rotahaler manufactured by Cipla Ltd.), which is to be used with Seroflo Rotacaps, from our online pharmacy.
Name of Drug
Seroflo Rotacaps They are also known as Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol rotacaps
Manufacturer Of Seroflo Rotacaps
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The active pharmaceutical ingredient contained in Seroflo rotacaps are Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol.
Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol rotacaps (Seroflo rotacaps) is a combination product containing a corticosteroid and a Long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonists (LABAs) used for treatment of asthma in patients aged 4 years and older and maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction and reducing exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Seroflo Rotacaps contains a combination of Fluticasone Propionate (100, 250, or 500 mcg) and Salmeterol (50 mcg) as an oral inhalation powder.
Seroflo Rotacaps – Dosage
Treatment of Asthma in adult and adolescent patients aged 12 years and older:
For patients aged 12 years and older, the dosage of Seroflo rotacaps is 1 inhalation twice daily (morning and evening, approximately 12 hours apart).The recommended starting dosages for Seroflo rotacaps for patients aged 12 years and older are based upon patients’ asthma severity.
The maximum recommended dosage is Seroflo rotacaps 500/50 twice daily. Treatment of Asthma in pediatric patients Aged 4 to 11 Years:
For patients with asthma aged 4 to 11 years who are not controlled on an inhaled corticosteroid, the dosage is 1 inhalation of Seroflo rotacaps 100/50 twice daily (morning and evening, approximately 12 hours apart). Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
The recommended adult dosage for patients with COPD is 1 inhalation of Seroflo rotacaps 250/50 twice daily (morning and evening, approximately 12 hours apart).
Warnings and Precautions to be taken when using Seroflo Rotacaps
Before using Seroflo rotacaps please inform your doctor all the medicines that you take including no prescription medications, over the counter medicines and herbal remedies. The other precautions to be taken when using Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol rotacaps are:
- Asthma-related death: Long Acting Beta2 Adrenergic agonists (LABAs) increase the risk. To be used only by recommended patient populations.
- Deterioration of disease and acute episodes: Seroflo rotacaps should not be used in acutely deteriorating asthma or to treat acute symptoms.
- Use with additional LABA: Do not use in combination because of risk of overdose.
- Localized infections: Candida albicans infection of the mouth and throat may occur. Patients have to be monitored periodically for signs of adverse effects on the oral cavity. Patients are advised to rinse the mouth following inhalation.
- Pneumonia: Increased risk in patients with COPD. Patients have to be monitored for signs and symptoms of pneumonia.
- Immunosuppression: Potential worsening of infections (e.g., existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection; ocular herpes simplex). Use with caution in patients with these infections. More serious or even fatal course of chickenpox or measles can occur in susceptible patients.
- Transferring patients from systemic corticosteroids: Risk of impaired adrenal function when transferring from oral steroids. Taper patients slowly from systemic corticosteroids if transferring to Seroflo rotacaps.
- Hypercorticism and adrenal suppression: May occur with very high dosages or at the regular dosage in susceptible individuals. If such changes occur, discontinue Seroflo rotacaps slowly.
- Strong cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors (e.g., ritonavir): Risk of increased systemic corticosteroid and cardiovascular effects. Use not recommended with Seroflo rotacaps.
- Paradoxical bronchospasm: Discontinue Seroflo rotacaps and institute alternative therapy if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs.
- Patients with cardiovascular or central nervous system disorders: Use with caution because of beta-adrenergic stimulation.
- Decreases in bone mineral density: Assess bone mineral density initially and periodically thereafter.
- Effects on growth: Monitor growth of pediatric patients.
- Glaucoma and cataracts: Close monitoring is warranted.
- Metabolic effects: Be alert to eosinophilic conditions, hypokalemia, and hyperglycemia.
- Coexisting conditions: Use with caution in patients with convulsive disorders, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes mellitus, and ketoacidosis.
Side Effects of Seroflo Rotacaps
The most common possible side effects of Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol rotacaps with an incidence rate of 3% or more are:
Treatment of Asthma: upper respiratory tract infection or inflammation, pharyngitis, dysphonia, oral candidiasis, bronchitis, cough, headaches, nausea and vomiting.
Treatment of COPD: pneumonia, oral candidiasis, throat irritation, dysphonia, viral respiratory infections, headaches, musculoskeletal pain.
Seroflo Rotacaps (Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol Rotacaps) - Interactions
Below are the drug interactions of Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol rotacaps:
- Strong cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors (e.g., ritonavir): Use not recommended. May cause systemic corticosteroid and cardiovascular effects.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants: Use with extreme caution. May potentiate effect of salmeterol on vascular system.
- Beta-blockers: Use with caution. May block bronchodilatory effects of beta-agonists and produce severe bronchospasm.
- Diuretics: Use with caution. Electrocardiographic changes and/or hypokalemia associated with nonpotassium-sparing diuretics may worsen with concomitant beta-agonists.
Storage Instructions for Seroflo Rotacaps (Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol Rotacaps)
Store at controlled room temperature 20°C to 25°C (68° to 77°F), in a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Buy Seroflo Rotacaps (Fluticasone Propionate & Salmeterol Rotacaps) Online
You can buy Seroflo rotacaps online at a Cheap rate from the Swiss Pharmacy. It is available in rotacaps which contain a combination of Fluticasone Propionate (100, 250, or 500 mcg) and Salmeterol (50 mcg) . The 100mcg/50mcg rotacaps are priced at only $0.53 per unit if you place an order for 360 rotacaps.
This Product was added to our catalogue on Monday, 20. May 2013.
Customers who bought this product bought also the following products: